1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

weak husband = new kitten

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by LolaDoggie, Jul 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A lady my husband works with boards her horse at a friend's farm. They recently had a pregnant stray end up at their place. She asked my husband's co worker for help finding a home for the last 2 kittens. Knowing my husband would be the crazy cat man if I let him, and we lost Oscar at New Years...she went stright for my husband. They're about 12 weeks old now, 2 males. My husband says he put up a fight but I don't think he did. When he called me he was doing the whole "it's up to you" routine.

We're taking one and she's keeping the other one. They've been calling him Jackson but he answers to Jack. Apparently he's a grey striped tabby with white. No pictures yet. We're going out to get him when my husband gets home from work. His first vet visit is tomorrow. The receptionist at our vet had a good laugh when I called her to set up the appointment.

I got rid of Max's kitten stuff last year. Then when Oscar died I got rid of cat stuff that Max wasn't using. I guess I have to start over with toys and things. I wanted to name Max "Jack" and my husband wouldn't let me. He said it was his turn to name a pet and he picked Max because there was an Italian Moto GP racer named Max Biaggi who has a personality a lot like Max. So, we're keeping this guy's name as Jack.

2. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations on the new addition!!! I can't wait to see pictures.

3. BlondWidow

BlondWidow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea! New kitty! Please share a pic (or 2 or 20) when you can! :)

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha! I'm a sucker for cats as well... we had to put one (Buckles) down a few years ago and it was so hard on our family, we went thru the we can't let ourselves get so attached again routine... that lasted for 2 months till we saw the rescue trailer at PetCo. Now we have Cooper, who seems like he's slightly retarded, but a riot to play with... ENJOY!

5. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love kittens

Your kitten will bring you so much joy.

6. MisterJJ

MisterJJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also have a soft spot for cats. About 20 years ago I was working in the front yard and this kitten spots me from across the street and just walks straight towards me meowing away as if to say "Hey! You there! Look how cute I am. Feed me. NOW!" Well, of course I had to feed her. I was her human for the next 17 years.

Spot:
    [​IMG]

7. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. ATXTX

ATXTX VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jack is adorable, Congratulation on your new "son"!

When we Were Young
  9. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love cats!!! I'm down to two now, and because of travelling commitment, won't be getting any more when Curly Wurly and Blackie are gone. Came home early today to just one, and even after an overnight trip, I couldn't sleep until the other came home.

10. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    His first vet visit went well. He's a pretty easy going guy. He's healthy. He's on track to be de-nutted in about 3 weeks.

Max still has his nose out of joint. I tried to bring both of them because Max is due for his checkup and shots. Max was having no part of it. I decided not to push the issue. Max hasn't taken a swipe at him or anything. Just a lot of avoiding him and hissing. Max is giving us some pretty hurt and angry looks. Like how could we do this to him looks. Jack doesn't seem to care what Max thinks.

11. BlondWidow

BlondWidow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aww, he's so cute! I'm sure Max will come around. :)

12. MisterJJ

MisterJJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should dig around on the Internet for tips on bringing a new cat into a home with another cat. I looked at this a while back when my daughter was begging and pleading for us to take a new kitten. I remember that the advice was to keep them separate at first, like putting the new cat in another room. This allows them to get used to each others smells and sounds without there being any confrontation. It may be a little late for that but there's many other tips for this situation if you search around.

13. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We used to keep the new cat in an extra bedroom for a few days, and stack baby gates in the door frame so they could sniff at each other and get used to each other gradually.

14. bigdogmom

bigdogmom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, it's definitely that time of year, and I must have the "Crazy Cat Lady" sign outside my house... About a month ago I found a momcat and her three kittens (about 8 weeks old at the time) living under my deck. The kittens have all been trapped and are living in a room in my basement while we work on taming them. Mom has eluded the trap so far; we're working on training her to eat in the unset trap so she'll go in when we actually trap her...

The kittens are adorable. One has tamed up beautifully; one is actually at a friend's so she can work on her and is doing well; the third one is more timid/untrusting. I was hoping to find homes for all three as I already have two cats (one had kittens in my window well 7 years ago, LOL, the other one is 15 and not in the best health) but that may not happen. It's certainly a slow process.

15. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Believe it or not!

I can hear cats talk like human language. I have had two experiences.

The first time I was with a real estate agent looking at a house for sale.
    There was a cat outside of the house and the cat said to me in a very clear voice, "Help me, Help me". I got the feeling the cat had been abandoned by
    the owner of the empty house. I was planning to rescue it after seeing the inside of the house. But when I got outside the cat was gone.

The second time, I was at a Animal shelter in the cat cage area. I was waiting for someone. All of a sudden I heard a cat say to me..."I love you".
    I turned to look at the cat. Then all of the caged cats started to meow real
    loud. It was like they all were saying take me home with you.

I was waiting to take some feral kittens as a volunteer as a foster mother.
    I told a worker that showed up near me and I told her the cat told she loved me, and that the cat could talk like a person. She agreed that she has also
    heard the cats talk too.
    BELIEVE IT OR NOT! I think YouTube has proven it. I love talking cats and dogs on YouTube. Lucy

16. cpochick

cpochick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jack is such a cute little guy! Hopefully Max comes around and warms up to him soon.

17. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello,

Well, don't feel like you are the only one, taking in a stray cat/kitten that needed a home.

A little gray tiger stiped cat showed up on our patio on a stormy day, so I of course brought her into our apt., fed her, and she then proceeded to take a nap on my bed. She has been here ever since, and I called her Drizzle. Just like the day she showed up.

No one has claimed her, and I highly suspect, someone moved and left her behind.

Drizzle is very affectionate and just loves My Newfoundland and Majestic Tree hound. I know at some point, she was raised with a dog, because she just walked in here and wasn't even bothered my two big dogs.

Congrats on the new family member.

K-9treatbaker

18. MisterJJ

MisterJJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  19. AliGee

AliGee Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love that video! We got adopted by a lovely white cat a couple of months ago. He just decided this was his house and since that was the case we better feed him (his thoughts, not ours). We were worried, because our remaining cat hates all other cats, and our big old dog hates any animal apart from "her own" cat. Well, White Kitty won them both over. We even caught him in the back yard playing with our "killer" dog one day. Here they all are in the early days:
    GEDC0110.jpg

White Kitty:
    GEDC0114.jpg

20. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They've graduated to playing; chasing and wrestling. I haven't seen any cuddling or being affectionate. The new little guy Jack is pretty bold. He's an experienced pant leg and curtain climber :nono: Max (used to be the little guy, now he's the old guy) is basically my cat. He likes my husband fine but he prefers me. I think the little guy prefers my husband.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.