1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

You can plan, but you never know the outcome

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by GENESIS, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GENESIS

GENESIS EAT-LOVE-PRAY-INHALE

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If things had gone as planned I would be in Vegas this Friday living it up, but it wasn't meant to be. Seriously, can you imagine going to the ER for one thing, but end up having emergency surgery for something else? My mom had to have emergency surgery to remove her parathyroid and thyroid 2 weeks ago. Her calcium level was dangerously high, and her bp stayed in the high 200 range the first couple of days which was scary as hades. The doctors were shocked that she being 76 had never been on bp meds before, but in all honesty she never had an issue with her bp before.

After a 10 day stint in the hospital, she's doing well. Although I was shocked to know that when a person has their parathyroid removed they go thru withdrawals .i.e jitters, shakes, anxiety, really bad cold spells when it's like 90 degrees outside and feeling like your body is in constant chaos. Unfortunately, this will go on until her body has adjusted to no longer having a parathyroid. All in all I'm so thankful to GOD for bringing my mom thru this shocking turn of events.

So with that said, if she continue to heal progressively, hubby and I will be in Vegas for our Anniversary in August. If not that's cool also. God knows each day he blesses her to be here with us is priceless.

2. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Medical problems all of a sudden....

I am so sorry about your Mom and her serious medical problems that showed up all of a sudden.

One time my old mom got real sick and I couldn't go on a cruise because she was ill in the hospital. I was too worried about her. It turned out she was
    okay after all. But it ruined my cruise plans.

Presently, what is great about going to Vegas is that I can always cancel the air and hotel rooms if there is time to do that.

One time my dog got real sick the day before my Vegas trip but she got better on the day I was leaving.

I have bought travel insurance for my next cruise in Oct. because I can lose big money if I have to cancel it for some medical reason.

It is so nice that you cared about your Mom and stayed home to care for her.
    She did have a very serious medical problem. "WHEW".

I am a senior and when I need surgery of any kind it really affects my whole body. After the simple surgery I feel like I am going to die. It takes me months to recover from the surgery affects. I don't like it.

I would have been in Palm Springs this past week-end but my intuition told me to cancel the trip 4 days in advance. My best friend got upset with me
    but I held my ground. On the day before we were supposed to leave I got real sick... and she got into a minor car accident. Good thing we didn't go because it took me a few days to feel better. She had to deal with having her car fixed and deal with the insurance.
    We have been friends for 6yrs. but it looks like our friendship is starting to fall apart because she isn't willing to be flexiable with me when I cancelled out our trip. She has lots of money but told me not to call her on her cell
    phone because it costs her 10cents a minute. I was trying to reach her as an emergency to cancel our trip.
    I don't plan to invite her anywhere if she is going to have a fit if I have to cancel out. It is strange how friendships change.

I love Vegas and I do have lots of fun going by myself. I know you have a partner to go to Vegas with and I hope you get there soon. LucyR.

3. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Things happen for a reason - it would have been much worse if it had happened a week later and you had already been in Vegas when your mom had to go to the ER and ended up having the emergency surgery.

Thankfully she is on the mend and in two short months (which will go by quickly) you will be celebrating your anniversary in the most spectacular place on earth!....

4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cancelling a trip is never fun, but it's better that you are there for mom. :)

Hope your mom has a quick recovery and you are able to get back to Vegas in August.

5. TuneinTokyo

TuneinTokyo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    God knows each day he blesses her to be here with us is priceless.

That's pretty much sums it all up. Prayers for your mother.

6. GENESIS

GENESIS EAT-LOVE-PRAY-INHALE

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sorry it took me so long to reply. That said, THANK YOU ALL so much for your kind words.

God Bless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.