1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question about changing a reservation on CET website

Discussion in 'Comps' started by user3657, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have a reservation already, and you go to modify the just the dates, does this cancel your reservation? I have 5 nights for july 4th weekend which is awesome, but im thinking of changing the days by a few and wondering what it would cost me before actually making the change.

2. trooth

trooth Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It will make you cancel. You are better off calling in to make changes. They will cancel the old one and make a new one.

3. Dark_Mark

Dark_Mark Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, it will not make you cancel. Simply go to MY TR, then the reservation in question, there should be 3 options, cancel res, modify res and print res. Click modify (you CANNOT change hotels, only room type and dates) and put in the new dates on the left side, and it shall show you the rates you will get.

4. Leeza14

Leeza14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to be able to do the modify/change/cancel thing online, but now it says I can't, so I have to call to make changes. I'm sure they wish I could do it online since I've called four times now to get the rate decrease. LOL

If your dates are not the exact same dates, you should be able to see your rates in any case. If they overlap, you might not be able to unless your TR option are more like Dark Mark's.

5. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if you want to modify or change I found it easier just to call them..... it is alot easier

6. Ike

Ike Low-Roller

If it's a room booked on a comp, you can change dates, room type or check in times without cancelling the reservation. If you want to change the hotel, you must cancel and rebook.

If you booked your room on an offer, you must cancel and start over.

In any case where you want to rebook and the system forces you to cancel first, it's always better to call to have them change the reservation as their system is quirky and you may not get a comparable offer the second time around.

7. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ike has hit the nail on the end. You can't change offer rezzies online.

But, if you have a comp calendar rezzie, you can change the dates. In fact, I did this and it allowed me to move my 5 comped nights to another week and the rezzie was still comped. If I had cancelled, I would of had a slight charge for that particular week. I thought that was a nice thing.

But, I guess the opposite could be true. You should check the rate calendar for your new rates first. It might be cheaper to cancel and rebook...

8. canuckdave

canuckdave Guest

In fact I had booked 4 nights comped at Bally's over a weekend in March and decided to modify the dates to see what the rates would be over New Years. It showed up as $45 a night for Dec 29, 30, 31 Jan 1. Very good rates over New Years so I took it. If I would have cancelled my original reservation and rebooked from scratch, it would have cost me on average $200 per night. However not all dates worked out like this. I think its a glitch but it pays to fool around with the booking system :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.