1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Go Rooms w/ possible upgrade or Paris w/ possible upgrade.

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by mdm4sfest, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My brother and I are bringing mom to Vegas for her 60th birthday in July. I have my choice to stay at the Flamingo Basic Go Room for $78 for 6 nights or the Paris Luxury for $156 for 6 nights. These apply to the current promotions for TR card.

Now I have no gripes about sandwiching a $50 in between my cards upon check-in since they are basically giving me the rooms but my thought is:

There will be 3 of us(although I made the reservation for 2) and if I am upgraded I will need a room with at least two beds(although me sleeping on a couch wouldn't kill me). I noticed Paris does not really offer a room with two beds rather then a really higher tiered suite.

I guess where ever I stay an upgraded will not truly be needed since both rooms will have queen beds to begin with although I would like something a tad bigger. Stayed at the Signature last two times which was 550sq feet. These rooms are 390/350 respectively.

Any opinions would be helpful.

2. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2 beds are tough to find in suites. There are 2 room suites at Flamingo w/2 beds but they don't exactly advertise them, same with Paris...most suites have 1 king. I like both properties but even a GO Deluxe with 2 beds still has the opaque bathroom door...are you, your brother and your mom okay with that?

I understand many people put 3/4 people in a standard room...I am in my 50s and couldn't do that anymore. Too crowded for me, bathroom time at a premium also.

Being older myself I think your mom might light Paris more.

3. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Paris. The room will as nice or nicer depending on what you book, and the property is much nicer.

4. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +
    I've stayed in the Le Mans Suite, and have had a cot in the room. It was basically a collapsable twin bed. Not sure if that would be too comfortable for mom though. Paris didn't charge me for a 3rd guest on my most recent visit.

BCHeel1

5. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You do the $50 sandwich and they will really aim to please. We had a lovely Red Room at Paris with 2 queen beds and a cot would have easily fit in there too. Paris is just soooo much nicer in rooms, food options and general feel of the property. Just a step above Flam-o. Your mother may prefer it...but you know what she likes.... Have a great time!!

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your room options are way more important than $50 MAYBE/MIGHT/COULD'VE/SHOULD'VE gotten you something better.

Chances are slim.

As said, most suites have a king size bed.

What would it cost to just get an extra room?

Thinking Mom might like her sleep and you "boys" may be out late, etc.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  7. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea, no suites at nearly any hotel have 2 beds. MAYBE a sofa bed. (like Trump, Vdara)

The GO room is the better room, but Paris is the better hotel. I think I'd have to go with Paris though. I know my mom who is also the same age would NOT stay at Flamingo. She wouldn't think it was dirty and old.

Regardless I would think at Paris you would likely just get a renovated room, or a strip view, which could be worth a $20. Then you already have an upgraded room at Flamingo... There really isn't much you can go up.

And yessh flip a $20 not at $50 don't ruin the game for everyone haha. They can either do it or they can't, more money won't make a difference. I don't think they are gonna offer you the biggest suite ever, unless it's just completely dead that week. I wouldn't bet on it.

8. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks

Thanks for all of your opinions....I agree with most. Am I to believe that the Red Room has the option for two queen beds?

9. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.