1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anybody been to Hyde?

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by tizzy, May 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tizzy

tizzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A Group of 3 couples were going there on Tuesday June 5th for their industry night. I was just wondering what some of your experiences have been and about the lounge before it turns into a nightclub? Is it fun and do they play good music? I also heard that if your in the lounge they don't make you leave just pay the cover charge is this true? I didn't want to have to leave and go wait at the back of a really long line to get in! Thanks

2. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its a great time. Take your wallet out and be willing to pay. But thereagain, its a great time. So, my view is that I'd rather pay for a great time and receive the benefits, than pay for a mediocre time.

I have no idea about any cover charges when the place swithes over, but honestly, if you are that tight on the $, why try to go to a place like this???

3. tizzy

tizzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not tight on the money just wondering how they transition all the people that are in the lounge over to club if they want to stay for the club? I am ready and willing to pay the 30 or 40 cover charge just wanted to know if they go around collecting it or if you have to leave and go out and wait in line to get back in when it switches over. I have been to many clubs but not really any that are lounges that turn into clubs like Hyde does so I am familiar with the cost of drinks and such.

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    from what i've heard, if you want to stay for the club, they will usually offer you a table. not sure the cost or anything, but i don't believe they will make you pay a cover charge at that point.

5. GoFlamesGo

GoFlamesGo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm thinking of going there in a few weeks? Is it similar to a Tryst or XS? You can go outside if you want but the majority of the club is inside? What's the crowd like? I assume at Bellagio it will be 30's ish instead of early 20's?

6. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From my experience, Vegas clubs arent always just early 20s. Most are in their mid to late 20s and into the 30s.

You'll see on certain weekends and major party holidays that the age group does get younger. But for the most part, in my opinion the age group isnt as young as it seems.

I'm sure especially on weekdays, you're not going to get college age kids in Vegas as much. You'll see more of industry people and theyre usually in their late 20s and early 30s.

7. GoFlamesGo

GoFlamesGo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sure but each place has a different demographic.

Ok Hows this: Is Hyde like a XS crowd? a Tryst crowd or a Mix Lounge crowd?

8. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually go in December. Do they dip the prices for places like this at that time of year? Everywhere else seems to.

9. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess if you put it that way. This is how I see it. I'm sure it can vary by night, but thats how I perceive it to be.

Younger to oldest crowd

XS/Tryst - Hyde - Mix

10. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hours of Operation:
    Open Nightly
    Evenings Begin at 5:00 p.m.
    Tuesday, Friday, Saturday
    5:00 p.m. – 4:00 a.m.

Seems obvious but I guess from these hours that it turns into a club on Tues, Fri & Sat and the other nights it remains a lounge on into the night?

If so, what a novel idea....I'd love to see Wynn do that in his places on their off nights. I still like loud music when in the mood but really enjoy a lounge atmosphere more these days.

Definitely going to check this place out for drinks, a bite to eat and just enjoy the ambiance and fountains. I'm sure it's $$$$ bit it looks well worth it.

Kudo's to Bellagio:nworthy:

11. farkingidiot

farkingidiot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there last Tuesday for Industry night. First of all, if you're waiting in line, expect the usual bullcrap, where you are waiting in line and a group of hot (and not so hot) girls just walk up to the rope and they let them in ahead of you. Again and again and again. In terms of age, it seems to skew form late twenties to mid thirties. To join onto what wordtraveler said, from my experience, older folks simply don't hit clubs like that anyway, so you're pretty much going to run into the same age group everywhere, unless you go to kiddie fests like Surrender, Rain, and now, it seems, XS (which didn't start that way, but has drawn the Surrender crowd.)

The club itself is fun, if not quite a bit smaller than you would imagine. You can sit at the VIP tables until someone reserves them, which is cool. I actually got there when it first opened for the club scene at 10:00 and had the only booth that directly overlooks the Bellagio fountains for about an hour and a half, for no charge. I never did figure out how they handled changing from a lounge/restaurant to a club, but I didn't see a soul leave, then have to re-enter.

The music was pretty good, at first, but then they pulled the trick they do at XS. They start out with some slower, heavy bass stuff, kinda top forty rap-ish stuff that gets people dancing, then as time goes on, the beat keeps speeding up, so there's this electronica/house underbeat to it. (Which I do not like) The tables and booths are in little clusters, so it's fairly easy to navigate around and talk to people, no matter where they are sitting. There's sort of a dance floor, in that there is a little strip area in the middle of the place where most dancing goes on, but they encourage you to dance anywhere, as long as you aren't blocking people walking.

I had fun. It was worth checking out. I don't know that I'd put it on my fav club list, but it made for a nice evening having some cocktails at Lilly, then hitting up Hyde.

12. dawgfan11

dawgfan11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are thinking about checking out Hyde this weekend, but we want to go before it turns into a club. If we show up at like 5:30 for a couple drinks before dinner is their usually a line to get in at that point?

13. tizzy

tizzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there all last week and there was never line to get in at any point that early or up until about 10:30.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.