1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I sure hope you people are right

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by mckevin32, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mckevin32

mckevin32 Low-Roller

After many trips we find ourselves in the position of having seen pretty much all of the shows that sound appealing to us, so with a June trip coming up I have been searching, which brings us to Carrot Top...

It seems like pretty much every review of his show begins with some version of "I was dragged to the show and was sure I would hate it, but he was hilarious". Well, since the first part of this accurately describes my anticipated reaction I'm hoping the second will be true as well, so I bought tickets.

I told my wife, she said I was crazy, my daughters reaction "WHY???" (SIL stayed quiet). So we have 4 people going to the show, none of whom particularly want to, all in the hope of being proven wrong, lol.

2. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The showroom itself is a bit tacky, possibly in part to help set the ambiance they're creating for the show.

If the people in your group are not offended by a sexual inuendo's and basically poking fun at humans in general...you will seriously laugh your ass off. His props are hillarious:wink2:

My wife and I laughed until we cried:evillaugh

I do think his show would do so much better in a nicer mid-tier hotel like maybe the Mirage, TI or PH.....Luxor is a wierd place:rolleyes2:

3. ValerieJo

ValerieJo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

After reading all the same posts you have, we are planning on seeing this show on our trip in October. I'll be anxiously waiting to read your review of the show. Please post what your thoughts are about the show when you return. :peace:

4. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are times when it is nice to be proven wrong. This is the easiest example I can remember. Relax. If you decide in advance that you hate it, you just might. Try not to sabotage your own potential fun.

5. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You dont stick and stay for 9 years, and be named best comedy act in the City if you suck. I have lost count of the people who have said they were not at all fans and went and had a blast!!

6. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never seen him live - but I've always found his stand-up funny when I've seen it on TV. I think a lot of people who liked him back in the day - or who aren't familiar with his material - they see the freak show he's become appearance wise and forget that once you get past what he looks like, he's actually pretty funny.

7. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We saw him Thursday night, you will NOT be dissapointed, we laughed from start to finish. The pre show video they run is like Americas Funniest Home Videos without the host full of stupid human tricks and groin shots. The warm up comic for our show was good and Carrot Top was his same hilarious self, just about 2/3 of the muscle he used to have. Great props and the closing skit is great. Enjoy!!

8. KnowItAll

KnowItAll VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will love it and laugh yer a$$ off. The best part is he keeps it current. anything that has happened in the last week or two appears as a hilarious prop.

9. DallasDublt

DallasDublt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Normally i dont just reply because everyone else is, but i was just like you. Went and really got a kick out of the show. Didnt "love" it, but it was well worth the price and the couple of hours that it killed.

10. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went a couple of years ago and had a BLAST!! The showroom is very small so any seat is a good one, and the show really is hilarious!! You will have a great time!

11. Aceman55

Aceman55 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carrot Top is very funny. All Seats are not bad either. Have seen him 5 times in Las Vegas and Tunica, MS. Every time my wife and myself have laughed evern though we have seen the show before. He tries to stay current and adds new stuff all the time. His standard material is stil very funny no matter how many times you see it. You will be a fan after you walk out after the show.

12. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep. I'm one of those guys who reluctantly saw him, now I look for people to take … or just sneak off and go by myself.

13. xizor

xizor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw him last year. Same story as everyone else- thought he was a freak, props != comedy, etc. He made fun of all the criticisms you normally hear about him (plastic surgery, not a real comic, steroid body) and is very funny. Plus he took a bottle of Crown Royal into the audience and did a shot with some of us :beer:

14. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its a great show i laughed my ass of and theres plenty of Vegas /luxor humor as well

15. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some of the Vegas humor was such a riot having lived through it. Oh I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more!!! LOL LOL

16. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your expectations are low

Typically, when my expectations are so low, the show turns out much better than anticipated. The Holly Madison Peep Show falls into this category as does the my first Cirque show, Mystere.

When I go in with uber high expectations, I am greatly disappointed. The Cirque show O and Blue Man Group fall into this category for me.

So, I look forward to your review and the other people's reviews of the show.

17. steveorama

steveorama Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry Bubbavegass - I missed you, I was at last thursday nights show too!
    I was one row short to get a shot - but the person in front didn't want it so he passed it to me.
    Like he said - an old lady went up to him and said "it was the best show I didn't want to go to".

This was the second time I saw the show, the first time was at the MGM.

I would also recommend you get seated earlier as the videos put you in a good mood.

I got this deal:
    BestOfVegas Special Offer:
    Seat Upgrade Package (Includes seat upgrade from Cat 2 to Cat 1 and a complimentary DVD**) - Total Value of over $30 (DVD alone is sold for $18)

Your Price: $59.95 (Regular Price: $79.03)

18. NurseLisa

NurseLisa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How much sexual content?
    I'm wondering about kids. I heard he was clean and not potty mouthed. is that the case?

19. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
  20. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeap we were in the same boat, have seen all the shows we have wanted to see and needed a show so we went to Carrot Top. Neither of us wanted to go or had much hope for it. That was one funny show. I don't think we stopped laughing the whole time there and yes we were on the front row and got shots of Crown Royal.:beer:

Sema Show
    Golden Knights here we come. Go Dallas Stars!
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.