1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TI - Trip report March 27-30, 2011

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Coach Terry, Apr 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coach Terry

Coach Terry Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Warning: If you have ever read any of my trip reports –they all sound alike!

My lovely wife and I went the Treasure Island for a 3 day gambling trip March 27-30. This was a basic trip for us. This is trip #23 to Vegas for us!

1) We had an offer: 3 nights in a comped Suite, $600 in Freeplay, and Food (RFL). This included the check-in at the VIP lounge and the TI Car (not a limo – but a very nice black Cadillac Escalade Tag number: TI 01).
    2) We arrived via first class flight via Delta. The trip was a nightmare. We are suppose to leave out of Savannah at 7:30 in the morning –after several delays and a missed connection (all because of an engine part) – we were offered a bus to Atlanta – 4 hours later we make it to Atlanta, We end up losing about 12 hours of vacation time. Did I mention that the bus was almost in a wreck too? It was an adventure – We received a nice compensation for our trouble but lost time is lost time!
    3) We did not try the $20 trick this time. We were happy with our offer. We received a Petite Suite on the top floor (Floor 36) with a view of the Strip looking over at the Mirage. Without a doubt it was a nice room with a nice view and the bed was wonderful. We just love the idea of the two bathrooms!
    4) We ate at the following places: Canters Deli, TI Coffee Shop (3 times for Breakfast), and Gilley’s. We really enjoy the BBQ at Gilley’s. The view of the strip from Gilley’s is great. Definitely worth the stop!
    5) We did go shopping at the Fashion Show Mall -since is so nicely located next to TI. We also went over to the Mirage to do about 2+ hours gambling and get some candy at the Sugar Factory. Otherwise we were gambling at TI. No issues with the tram service.
    6) My wife and I did nothing but slots. As far as slots go: my wife likes Goldfish 2, Enchanted Unicorn, Zeus, Plataea, and Zeus II (and others). We both had great runs at times (numerous jackpots or hits for $400+). I play just about anything on the slots -but like Goldfish 2, Money Storm, Invaders from the Planet Moolah, Frog Princess, and Wheel of Fortune.
    7) Drink service was very good at TI and Mirage.
    8) Great experience with the TI Car drivers – we tipped $22 coming in and $20 going out. Nice touch by TI.
    9) Took advantage of the VIP lounge - they offer free drinks and snacks throughout the day - The soda are in cans so - we go in a couple of times a day to grab a soda and cookie!
    10) No resort fee for comped guests - but you can take advantage of the "free" stuff - we did not.
    11) I did visit the Salon for a mani/pedi. I do this each trip. Great service!
    12) No shows this trip
    13) During this trip, my wife earned about 17,000+ slot points and I earned 11,000+ slot points at TI.
    14) We checked out Wednesday morning around 9 am after meeting our Slot Host (Joy Perrone) and headed to the airport. We did a little last minute shopping and gambling. The Security Line was not too bad!
    15) We gave our Slot Host a card –inside was a $25 gas card. She gives us something extra each trip – this time the Car was a nice touch!
    16) We are going back this Summer(Late July) – splitting a stay with TI and Mirage

If you have any questions -I will gladly answer

2. frank5465

frank5465 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent report what $$ slots do you play im trying to quess the comp scenarios:peace:

3. Coach Terry

Coach Terry Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We play Penny slots - but usually Max bet!

4. acoluzzi

acoluzzi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is floor 36 non smoking? My last 5 stays at TI I've brought my smoker friend and they always give us rooms on 35 to accommodate the smoking. I'm going to request a non smoking room when I'm there in 2 weeks and try to get up on the tippy top of the building for once.

Glad to see someone else here likes TI. They've been very generous with their comps to me since being purchased away from MGM.

5. Coach Terry

Coach Terry Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes the Petite Suite we had was smoking. I think the have both tyoe of rooms on the 36th floor!

I agree the Comps have been nice since the Buy Out!

6. budroux2w

budroux2w Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the report. We'll be staying at TI next month, I will have to do the $20 trick to get that nice of a room though lol.

7. Coach Terry

Coach Terry Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One addition

On # 11 - Spa Service - My comp included a 30% reduction certificate - which basically cover the tip -but still nice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.