1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

cheesecake guy tripreport part one

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by DutchVegas, Dec 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DutchVegas

DutchVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

TRIPREPORT 20 december until 29 december 2002

Our trip started on the 18th of december but we left from Amsterdam Airport on the 19th early in the morning.
    We arrived at Chicago International Airport with 1 hour delay , we had to wait one hour circeling above the lake because al the runways were snowed in.

Our connecting flight to Las Vegas was overbooked so they asked if we wanted to change our tickets for the next day, they would pay for the Hotel and dinner in Chicago and we got first class tickets to Las Vegas for the next day.We also should get some voucher for our next flight of USD 250,00 per person.

It did not matter to us so we said OK, we wait and see what happens.After one hour they named our names and they were able to get us on a later flight which meant we should arrive two hours later in Vegas.We still got the first class tickets and the voucher.Pretty good deal for waiting two hours.

We arrived early in the evening in Las Vegas, we were once again in the nicest place on earth.
    This was our third time in 13th months people in Holland start to think we are freaking millionaires.

After picking up our luggage we went over to the Dollar Car Rental desk, no one in line before us.
    I had booked through the internet with the DESTC code, which of course he could not find in his computer.
    But we got the car for the same rate as we booked anyway.A Chrysler 300M pretty nice car.

Of to the Orleans, checking in was also a breeze we got a room on the 14th floor in the new tower.
    People I have to tell you, the rooms are pretty good in the Orleans.They are no Venetian rooms but for USD 9,00 per night I think complaining is not done.

As you can imagine we were tired of our 24 hour trip so we went straight to bed.

December 21

I was awake at 4.30 AM , with the time differents it felt like 1.30 PM for me, so went for some breakfast in the courtyard restaurant.

Before 7.00AM they have al kind of graveyard specials you can eat for .99 cents to 2.99 dollar.

So we pigged out and just had to pay USD 9,00 in total.

It was 7.00 AM when I put my first USD 100,00 on a 5 dollar minimum black jack table.
    I played for about 1 hour and played exactly even, my wife on the other end already lost USD 100,00 on these 5 cent slot bonus machines.

At 8.00AM I said to her we have to find some cheesecake because it was one of the things I really needed again.

This time I was a bit smarter about it, so we drove to a Denny`s restaurant and bought a whole cheesecake for our room, which we did about 5 times this vacation.
    Maybe you people think I am crazy but when it comes to cheesecake I can not get enough of the stuff.I really tried to get bored with it, but I already miss it now I am back in the Netherlands.

We did some sightseeing by car and drove back to the Orleans at 2.00 PM .

I went to the Spa and did a workout my wife took a little nap, since she got tired again from the travel we made.
    The Spa is really nice and can compete with some of the bigger spa`s in Las Vegas.

After the workout and sauna I showered and when back to my wife.She already was awake and we decided to watch a movie in their theater, we watched Star Trek Nemesis since I am a hugh fan of Star Trek and the movie will not come out here until the end of february.

We also had a lott of coupons for two for one buffets and dinners , which we did in the ice cooler and every day we randomly picked one out and went for dinner in that place.
    This night we got the Silverton Buffet.

The buffet was not to bad really , I had a great dinner and people were extremely friendly.They did not have any cheesecake in their dessert department.Which was a bitt dissapointing.

Later that night we went for some gambling, I played Black Jack again and some 25 cents slots.My wife again played the 5 cents bonus machines.

I will not tell what we lost, because I had a bitt to much to drink , with the jetlag I had , it took my sence of pretty much everything away.
    Although people did like me because they were extremely friendly the next day when I encountered some of the pitt boses and dealers.
    From that moment on we did not have to pay for nothing anymore in the Orleans.
    If i wanted dinner no problemo watch a movie , could be arranged, use the Spa also no problem.

Let me tell you I did not drink to much and gamble at the same time anymore on this trip, because that would have made our holiday about USD 2000,00 more expencive.

Part Two will follow soon.

[ December 31, 2002, 05:06 AM: Message edited by: Jan Oelen ]

2. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds great so far!!! You'll have to change your avatar to a little cheesecake!!

You know it's not that difficult to make cheesecake at home......

3. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jan:

I know there is an addiction to gambling but is there and addiction to Cheesecake? Don't they have any in Holland. It might be good to get a good recipe and make your own! (Or, would that ruin your excuse for coming to Las Vegas?)

Glad you had a good trip but I don't envy the time in the plane!

Jimbo

4. Lmadrid

Lmadrid Tourist

Boston, MA but originally from San Antonio, TX
    You really are the cheesecake man!! :D The good thing it seems though is that you noted "working out"....see...if it were me, i'd probably be eating that cheesecake and not working out ;) You're already ahead! Looking forward to Part 2.

5. larryfromdk

larryfromdk Guest

BI JAN!!
    Yes great room!!I also had a great room at the orleans.I was on the 19 floor witha great view.I
    stayed 3 nights.I had a 30usd deal for the first
    night inc.2 buffets.A rude front desk manager would not comp me those 2 buffets but i got that straight when i called the hotel manager when i gat home.Besides that it was a great deal!
    Mayby you should plan another trip for feb.the
    Dollar is going down down and the euro is going up and by Feb. air fares should be rock bottom as well as hotel prices in vegas,But then again it is
    hard to get any lower the 9usd.
    Happy New Year!!! Godt nytår!!
    Larry

6. lvbabe

lvbabe Tourist

Thanks for posting your report. Have you ever been to Cheesecake Factory in the Forum shops? You will think you died and went to cheesecake heaven! :D

7. Lmadrid

Lmadrid Tourist

Boston, MA but originally from San Antonio, TX
    Cheesecake Factory might give our friend a heartattack!!! Too many choices he'd have to try each kind!! :D You can order their cheesecakes online too...i'm sure they'll ship to europe ;)

8. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Larry:

Is this going to be on every one of your posts until February? Let it go!

Jimbo

9. larryfromdk

larryfromdk Guest

HI!!
    Since Jan has been in las vegas and since he goes to las vegas so much he may want to know about a ecomomical time to travel2vegas.I did leave out the reasons why.
    Larry

10. larryfromdk

larryfromdk Guest

Looking forward to part 2

11. punkypete

punkypete Tourist

Jan,
    nice report so far. I will be looking forward to the "rest of the story" when you have time. Oh, I do have a great cheesecake recipie if you are interested. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.