1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bus trip to Lake Tahoe (3/29 - 3/31)

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Trip Reports' started by Castle, Mar 29, 2024.

1. Castle

Castle Slow Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some final thoughts/stats as the bus approaches home.

Gambling: Checked the wallet and am 1800 poorer. Most of it was lost on the $25 bet minimum 50cent JoB machine at Harrah’s as well as $1 DDB at Golden Nugget. Had better luck at Lucky Beaver with that dealt aces on UX, and BP STP at Dottys. Only did 1200 tier over the weekend, didn’t quite make use of the tier multiplier but I am thinking Diamond plus is more than enough. As long as I can keep being invited on the bus and receive free rooms, I am happy.

Stay: Harrahs was ok, the room seemed a little older and is a weird design with the 2 bathrooms that we actually utilized. The beds were too soft and hurt our backs. The sinks and shower heads were too low for our liking. The view was nice.

Food: We really like Lucky Beaver, went there twice this trip, almost 3 times! We made use of the free daily Starbucks and 3 drinks for being Diamond plus. Sapori was good, but we aren’t much pasta people, next time we will get more steak. That empanada place was a cool find.

Other thoughts: Tahoe is beautiful and seeing snow fall was really cool, the last time I experienced this was in high school! The timeshare presentation was an interesting experience lol, worth it for this instance. The massage was decent.

Next time we go to Tahoe we want to go drive some snowmobiles and do more exploring, maybe go sledding/tubing. Checking out Heavenly was fun, the art shops had cool items. Overall a good first experience staying at Tahoe utilizing the bus trip. Wonder how it is during the summer

Birthday trip
    Birthday Trip
    • Like Like x 11
  2. Christina6001

Christina6001 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I remember attending one with an ex. I seriously considered getting it too. So glad I didn’t!

What do you get for free at Starbucks? Is it a certain amount for anything at the store and is a diamond benefit? Are the drink tickets up to a certain value and is it at any/all places on-site, including restaurants?

3. Castle

Castle Slow Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    daily $10 starbucks credit and 3 free drinks https://www.caesars.com/lake-tahoe/offer

Birthday trip
    Birthday Trip
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. westrocky

westrocky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have the stomach of a college kid and willing to visit hole-in-wall types of places, there are tacos at Taqueria Jimenez. Quick walk to the CA side. I recommend five adobada tacos. I can't confirm the drink tickets but I was told verbally that some drinks take 2 tickets. Lete know if you to view the bus schedule I can surely find it next week. Having difficulties access that email, currently in LV. Grinding the poker scene.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report. Which bus line did you use and what are its pickup and drop-off locations? Is it a "junket bus" that includes any freebies?

6. Castle

Castle Slow Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can find information here https://www.caesars.com/harrahs-tahoe/hotel/bus-schedule

you get $12 food credit and a chance at winning $150 freeplay during a blackout bingo session in the bus. The bus also stops at McDonalds both ways

Birthday trip
    Birthday Trip
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1