1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynn Spring/Summer Offers

Discussion in 'Comps' started by DegenasaurusRex, Feb 27, 2024.

1. EzE

EzE VUP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well they really need to realize that it doesn't really save them money. Once CET started to do that I'd burn my RCs before asking for backend. Guess I'll just get some stuff of the Wynn shopping thingie before I ask for backend next time anyways.

2. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe. Don't know. Not going to try to convince you to do otherwise.

I'm cutting back on Vegas. Longest I've gone since post-pandemic reopening. And one of the things I've come to realize is that much of the well-intentioned advice only resulted in more trips, different behaviors, more losses. I'm trying not to engage in that. Difficult for an opinionated guy like me... but trying.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That matches what others have written, and are doing, almost verbatim.

One thing I learned is that CompDollars count in comp calculations when you use them, not when you earn them.

4. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually blow my Wynn comp dollars on retail items every trip. It’s not hard, because they have things I actually want (unlike CET).

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. EzE

EzE VUP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well that's even sillier.
    Really? I was walking around Wynn the last time I was there trying to find something to spend on. If not the Wynn online shopping thing there's not much of interest to me at Wynn retailwise. I ended up just spending it on smokes and chocolates!

6. Sykes

Sykes Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had luck with keeping my CompDollars in-tact as recently as January, but I was significantly under-comped on that trip and my host made an effort to explain that it was an exception because of that and I shouldn't expect it.

This is especially silly though. My hope was to apply CompDollars when my backend isn't enough to cover my folio, but if using CompDollars is reducing my available backend then I don't think I'm really accomplishing much unless it's a trip where I'd have no (or very little) backend at all.

7. DegenasaurusRex

DegenasaurusRex Rage,rage against the dying of the light

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We agree on a lot of that. I have two trips planned. Then it’s break time ourselves. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  8. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let’s just say I have a lot of Wynn Golf Club branded merchandise…

9. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine was changed also. Since I played less will they just keep switching back and forth?

The new host did send a list of various events and slot tournaments which is nice. I usually find out about many of those here.

10. DegenasaurusRex

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my new one hasn’t bothered to respond to me. Such is life :D:beer:

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  11. HoppinHardWays

HoppinHardWays VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got new offers from Wynn. I never get anything special from them, but my old offers were rooms with "exclusive" rates plus a $100 resort credit. Typically the low rate would be $199. Now, it's rates as low as $149 plus a $75 resort credit. I also had a specific comp night, and I mean specific. The email in February specifically said March 7th. I find it interesting how they've changed things up.

Labor Day!
  12. DegenasaurusRex

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine seem to be the same

13. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know what the "book by" date is on this offer? I had it but booked some May dates and apparently once you use it, the offer and its parameters doesn't show up anymore. Just wanting to know if I end up cancelling the May trip in May, if I can rebook June.

Also.... is there any advantage to booking a marketing offer thru a host? We (between my wife and I) get offers now for 5 comp'd nights and some FC and RC and my host (who has never been able to do much for us other than comp rooms when we don't have an offer) has told me I can email her with my dates and she can book my marketing offers. I've never understood what benefit that would have and I always let her know I'll be in town when I book on a marketing offer, which is what prompted her to tell me that.

14. Chippewagambler

Chippewagambler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Book by April 3rd. When I asked my host about if it’s more beneficial for him to book the marketing offers or if I should do it, he just told me to book it.

15. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! I prefer to book my own offers too because then I can play with dates and check for the best flight schedules and prices.

16. thickestice

thickestice Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been getting these offers every month and booking them into the future as I get them. Wynn Tower Suite Parlor is the best room type If I stay midweek.

Usually play blackjack or baccarat for about 1 hour at a $500 minimum bet / $2000 average estimate.

On my previous trip the old host used my comp dollars to clear my folio. Comp dollars expire 1 year from the date they're earned.

Every year they have this "host graduation" where a new host gets assigned. At this point I'm only utilizing the host to change the dates on an existing reservation where the "book by" date has already passed and having the front desk use comp dollars to clear the folio...

upload_2024-3-25_7-48-40.png

17. Timothy

Timothy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Sgt_Shultz just a follow-up.

Updated my address to a US contact address, and today a new offer appeared on my account.

So we can now confirm, I guess, that this IS is the problem.

Any luck with your Hungarian relatives?

It’s about time I’m back!
    Leg 2 of 4 - show me the new Rio!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  18. Sgt_Shultz

Sgt_Shultz If the phone doesn't ring it's me

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was just about to post the news
    The one who bothered to listen got one today as well
    The other :bang:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Timothy

Timothy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder why they stopped sending offers to EU-people. Surely it can only be GDPR-related.

It’s about time I’m back!
    Leg 2 of 4 - show me the new Rio!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Fafa2e

Fafa2e High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I received and booked a two-night offer for a Wynn Resort King for mid-week with $75 Free Credit and $50 Resort Credit. I was actually booked in an Encore Resort King.

I believe that this is basically a teaser offer because I spent a few hours playing VP at the bar watching the PAC 12 Championship game before going to U2 at the Sphere. I'm probably not a high enough roller to get offers regularly at Wynn but at least this gives me an opportunity to see how I like the property.

(Note: I'm considering playing a round of golf on Wynn golf course. Can anyone provide their experience playing the Wynn golf course and the total cost with green fees, caddy, etc.?)

My Longest Trip Ever