1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trip Report - Jun 17 to 21 NYNY/Cirque

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by PrinPebb, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrinPebb

PrinPebb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

First let me start by introducing myself! I am from Saskatchewan, Canada and I have been on here lurking around for three or four months. I started shortly before we went to Vegas in April and recieved alot of advice and info from here for that trip and for the one we took last week.

Presidential Limo
    Thank you for all the recommendations to Presidential. We booked the Airport/return service. I tried to book the web special the night before we went, but it said if it you will be there within 72 hours you have to phone. So I phoned and the guy gave me the web special over the phone. Someone was waiting at the baggage area with a sign, helped get our bags and had the champagne chillin. He took us for a drive around the strip and for a quick stop at a liquor store. Very friendly and helpful. But I am kicking myself cause I forgot about the picture at the Vegas sign. Oh well, guess we need to go to Vegas again sometime ;)

The Hotel - New York New York
    We had a good deal on NYNY - just under $1300 ($650ish each) for an airflight/4 night package so we went with it. The hotel was clean and fun but we both agreed we liked MGM better (stayed there in April). MGM has a classier feeling to it.

We had the basic Skyline room and requested a King bed when we booked, but when we checked in (9:00 p.m.) they didn't have one. Tried the $20 trick but nothing was offered, he just told us to call down the next morning to ask if they had any king beds available. So next morning, new person, new $20 trick and nothing - but we did finally have a king. HOWEVER, when we go up to the room it has obviously been smoked in ALOT (we asked for non-smoking) and the big kicker, someone's dirty under garments laying on the floor. Yech! At first it was the smoky room that bothered us the most but then the panties on the floor got us wondering how thorough a job the maid really did cause they were the first thing you say when you walked in. So a call to the front desk manager to explain and presto we are in a Spa Suite. We thanked ($) him.

Having the jacuzzi tub was a nice touch but we only used it once. Who has time?! The best part of the room was having so much space! Shower big enough for two and the sink/mirror /counter (i.e. somewhere to spread out all my make-up, hair supplies) was big and separated from the shower/toilet by a door. And darnit - I just remembered I forgot to call somebody from the bathroom phone. LOL. Never had one of those before, and still not sure why you would want one?

We thought the hotel was very clean. No ladies of the evening around the elevators like there seemed to be at the MGM. Elevators were fast, never a wait except for Saturday morning. It was definitely a younger crowd.It didn't seem as smoky as MGM, MGM was bad for that. And I gotta say, coming from Canada, I find it weird to see people smoking inside cause you can't smoke inside barely anywhere here. Most of our out-door lounge/patios are non-smoking these days. Even our night clubs are non-smoking. Anyway, it was a young crowd, but no little kids. Don't get me wrong, love kids, have two of my own . . . but don't like other people's kids when I am on holidays.

I'll post this for now, but I need to get back to reality for a moment and do some laundry . . . .I hate that part of the holiday!

2. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you had a great time!!! And hopefully they at least had a small discussion with that maid - UGH!!!

3. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting a TR. Glad you had a good trip.

later, GVJ

4. PrinPebb

PrinPebb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So here is some more of the trip report - this time about The Shows we saw:

Wednesday night we went to Rodney Carrington in the Hollywood Theatre at the MGM. We were in the first row of bench seats just off to the side (just behind the front row of tables) - so really good seats. OMG - this guy was hilarious, ut you have to be in the mood for some bad language and dirty jokes. If you like any of the Redneck comedians this guy is well worth the money.

Thursday night we went to LOVE at Mirage. We were in section 203 row N. I thought they were really good seats - but really, the reports on this board are right, every seat would be a good seat for LOVE. That said - the actual comfort factor of the seats is low. Was it just me or are those the smallest seats of any Cirque show? Ka wasn't bad but these were awful. I am 135 and I felt squished. You have to keep your elbows in tight so as not to bump the person beside you. And PLEASE don't do what the guy in front of me did and sit leaning forward with your elbows on your knees - the angle is like sitting behind a 7 foot tall man.

Friday night we went to the early show for Le Reve and the late show of Zumanity. We sat in the Champagne Circle for Le Reve and I loved it!! It is a small theatre - there are only 12 rows - and alot going on high up so I think the higher up you are the better. That said you don't NEED the Champagne Circle, but wow, feels graet to sit in those comfy seats compared to the seats at Cirque shows. And to have someone poor you champagne and there to refill your glass constantly and give you chocolate covered strawberries . . . sometimes it just feels good to feel like it's all about me :thumbsup:

Zumanity was dirtier than I expected but also way, way funnier than I expected. It is the Cirque show that gets you the most involved, that's for sure. We were section 103 row D.

Between April's trip and this trip we have now seen all five Vegas Cirque shows and Le Reve. Mystere was by FAR our favorite, and then 'O'. Mystere was also our first and I am sure that has something to do with it as it was our first time seeing alot of the 'tricks'. All these shows have amazing athletes and performers. My favorite part of LOVE was the roller bladers, and that was probably because this was something knew we hadn't seen before. Le Reve didn't strike us as much, and I think that is because it is done more artistically and the amazing performances aren't as 'in your face' as the others - I mean the things they do are just as amazing (lots of the same things as in 'O' for example) but aren't showcased as much as in the others, more subtle.

The EATS

We enjoy our food, but something about Vegas - we don't get that hungry? Anyone else find that? With all the walking you'd thing we would be starving. We mostly had room service. New York New York had great room service, that is one area that was better than MGM for sure. Anything with their guacomole was a winner and my bf loved the omelettes. My fave was the bagel, lox, cream cheese sandwich. And big portions! The only restaurant we went and st down in was the Seafood Buffet at the Rio - man I LOVE that buffet. Pricey at $38/each but with all the crab legs I ate I got my money worth. The NY cheese cake there is also awesome - very creamy and not too sugary.

We got around mostly by cab, and a little by monorail. I don't mind the monorail at all. The Duece however - no use to me at all. It would be fun to say use as a site seeing tour ie hop on at one end and do a full loop while yuo sit up top in the very front window, but to use it as a means to an actual destination it's soooo slow and quite often full so they went right by us. We only attempted it the first day then had enough.

Sightseeing
    Again thank you to this board we went and did a few things we wouldn't have otherwise known about - specifically the Conservatory at the Bellagio and the chocolate fountain there as well. Also after reading Gregario say the Masquerade in the Sky was new I took my BF over to that as I hadn't seen it since 2006. I think I might have like it better in 2006 - more dancing from the girls and less singing, but it was still fun. MY BF didn't know what it was so was very surprised to see the wall open and the floats come out. We say the tigers and dolphins at Mirage and I would be tempted to find out how much it is to participate in a training session with the dolphins next time.

There is talk of heading back in Dec for the NFR as my BF's friend has some tix and it's a dream of his to go - so I'll be studying up on here for a few months - thanks for all the input everyone.

So that's it - my little trip report - hopefully some little thing somewhere within it will be helpful to someone. Cheers :beer:

5. Souette

Souette Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow! Maybe I'll try dropping a pair of my (clean) cotton granny panties at the foot of the bed as I enter my "standard" room in hopes of scoring a Suite! :ssst:

All of those little things that you forgot to do (Vegas sign, call from the potty, etc) gives you all the more reason to return!
    Thanks for the report.

6. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoyed the read! Thank you!

7. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Dirty Panties" so far we've been lucky and our rooms have always been cleaned of any evidence. We usually go the last weekend of NFR the room rates are cheap and the weather isn't bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.