1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Karaoke Spots

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Phantom, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Phantom

Phantom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going to Vegas Sunday through Friday in April with 16 people. We've got some pretty good singers in the group. Any recommendations on Karaoke spots?

2. vegaskid74

vegaskid74 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ellis Island just a block east of the Strip on Flamingo is pretty well known for having a lively karaoke scene at night.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. eliza

eliza Creepy Vegas Friend

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cat's Meow downtown.

And I think Kamu in Palazzo has private karaoke rooms for rent.

4. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And Dinos on LV Blvd north of Sahara.

I believe there are several karaoke box places along Spring Mountain Dr but I have no experience with any of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. markmetin

markmetin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve been to a half-dozen Vegas karaoke spots over the years, and in my opinion, the question is more of “when” as opposed to “where”. Typically, if you arrive shortly after opening, you will be able to sing as much as you like, within reason. However, if you show up at midnight, good luck with even a single song (or even finding a chair). It really depends how important the actual singing is vs. drinking heavily and watching others.

A good example is Cats on Fremont Street. I like to get there between 5-6, take full advantage of their happy hour and sing four or five songs, then as it gets busier, watch others for a few hours before moving on. This place has the advantage of a proper raised stage complete with props (instruments, wigs, etc) and they encourage you to “make your own band” with several folks on stage at once, which may work well with your large group. They also have a live web feed so friends back home can watch and even make real-time song requests. Check it out here to see if it’s your vibe: https://catsvegas.com/#live. One insider tip about Cats – choose your songs from the website in advance as they have a somewhat limited selection.

If you’re into a no-frills yet very enjoyable classic karaoke scene and very decent beers, Ellis Island is a great option, but the get-there-early rule really applies at that place. For something quite different, Cosmo has live-band karaoke on Tuesday nights only, but it’s usually a zoo and very hard to get more than a couple of songs in, at best. Their song list is here: https://www.thebarbershoplv.com/faded-karaoke/

Cheers and good luck.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. bnlphan

bnlphan Degenerate In Training

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I havent been to any place out there but with my history of doing karaoke for 20 plus years. If I chose a place I would choose Dino's.

NYNY,Cannery,Sam's Town Jun4-11
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did our first "public" karaoke in December. It was private :thumbsup: J karaoke on Spring Mountain. Started at Golden Tiki then moved to j karaoke (same shopping center) and rented a small private room, had drinks. A lot of fun but with only 2 ppl, also a lot of work! We got there early (we started at the tiki bar early!) When we were finishing our last drink (in the bar/waiting area - we left the room when our time was up) there were a lot more people there and waiting and it was quite lively.

We had some sushi before heading back to our hotel - there were quite a few restaurants in the shopping center too :thumbsup:

They had the traditional karaoke setup and the internet/YouTube option too - we found lots of what we wanted (not sure if my designations are proper or not - clearly I'm a karaoke noob)

• Informative Informative x 1