1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The D a few specific questions

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by tigers4life, May 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tigers4life

tigers4life Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am going to be going to stay at The D in late June. I am a long-time Vegas junky and almost always stay downtown at the El Cortez. But I going to switch it up this trip. I know it is not much of a switch just down the street. I got a high room to help with noise. Here are my questions I have gotten very comfortable at El Cortez and there are a few things I usually do will it work at The D
    I almost always ship a package to me about 15 pounds at The Tez it is just at the front desk and the bellhops take it up with my luggage
    Usually, on the first day, I order Instacart and stock the room. Nothing fancy a case of water and snacks (sometimes a 6 pack but do not drink in the room much) for me and the others. At the El Cortez this was never a problem I met the driver downstairs and the bellhops again took them up. (Yes I tip well in both cases)
    Anything else I should know
    I am nervous about going but I have both shots and I really need to get out it is a balancing act

2. Golfer

Golfer Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know about packages, but I've gotten expedited laundry delivery by speaking with, and tipping the bell desk. I'm going to guess you could do the same with your package, and eliminate any potential drama.

3. Vegas24_7

Vegas24_7 Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed at the D a couple of times and I don't see how they would be any different than any other hotel when it comes having packages delivered to the hotel under your name and to have the baggage service bring it up to your room. Unless your 15 pound package contains any illegal unmentionables, I don't think you will encounter any problems. :ssst:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't imagine it would be too much of an issue at any Vegas hotel.

5. steveks225

steveks225 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed at the D three times in the last two years, and I’ve never had a room with a refrigerator in it. There are ice machines on each floor, but no soft drink machines are available. The gift shop with water, a limited amount of liquor and Coke products isn’t too far away from the elevator. That, and the lack of anything other than Mc Donald’s for breakfast are two disadvantages of the D IMHO. The bathrooms with the open type shower design and funky sink can be a challenge, but now I’ve adjusted to them. Enjoy your stay.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You still have Walgreens between El Cortez and TheD for some stuff. And half way down the street towards the plaza is the ABC store as well.

For sure, get a high floor to avoid noise.

Not sure about the fridge issue... we always get a suite there that does have a fridge.

At the bottom of the elevators, there is a coffee shop with some food. McD at front entrance. And Dunkin Donuts across the street.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HELP HELP
    I am having problems with the D/GG app.
    It recognizes me but I cannot see my offers or promotions. Where are they?
    The app has changed for the worse.

8. Necrochaos

Necrochaos VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This shouldn't be an issue to get things delivered. The D is very loud, all the time, even during the day. Difficult to hear the dealers at tables.

Luckily there aren't concerts going on at Fremont St. We stayed on the 15th floor a few years ago and could still feel the bass at 3AM PST, (6AM EST for us). We couldn't sleep there. We wouldn't stay there again. But we do enjoy their food and games there.

9. LoveVeGa

LoveVeGa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stay at the D last April on the 5fl no ice machine...

ask the housekeeper for sure on the 4 and 6 floor..

10. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fridges are in Corner King rooms and up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.