1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trip Report June 16-21

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by queentata, Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. queentata

queentata VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Please be gentle, as this is my first TR on this board. BTW, thanks for all the advice here, and entertainment. I just discovered Vegas four years ago, and this helps me get by til the next trip.

Flew out on United, tickets were much more expensive than usual...$420 or so. We can usually get out of Houston for under $300. If we could get out for less, we certainly would. Flight was fine.

We got to Harrah's around 11:00. When we walked up, they opened a new line, and we got into the room right then. This was only our second stay at Harrah's, and the room was better than last, but still very basic. Not there for the room, but after staying at mostly Bally's and Paris, it was a disappointment.

Met some friends who were there for the Roger Waters concert. Lost $300 at three card, then got treated to a great meal at The Range from a seven diamond member. Must be nice. It was for us. The group went on to the show, and I went back to three card, and got two straight flushes in less than an hour. Woo Hoo! I know many of you hate that game, but with a good dealer and fun table, if I am hanging in, I love it. I would like any info anyone has as far as comps for three card.

In the next three days, I got up about $1600, utwhich was the biggest for me outside a $2500 win on a slot at Caesar's. Just kept hitting. Four straight flushes and five three OAK,lots of flushes and straights. Dealers at Bally's Party Pit were lots of fun, esp. John and Josie.

We moved to Paris for the last four days, which I love. No view this time, but next time I will definitely try the $20 tip. Thanks for all the advice on that. I will let you know how it works. We are going to try to get out in November for my birthday, but I would love to go earlier.

Ate one night at Eiffel Tower. It was wonderful, service, atmosphere. The view was great. We were in a corner, right across from Bellagio fountains. Got some good pictures, and would put them here if I were not such a computer idiot.

Saw Bobby Slayton one night, because I messed up and didn't get Copperfield tickets. He is funny. Nasty, but I like that. Ate at Dan Marino's because of husband's poker schedule. Okay, but not great. Not a good atmosphere,loud, and prices like many of the much better places.

Best food last time, Sensi's. Wonderful. We had several appetizers for the meal...tuna three ways, the huge fried shrimp, oysters. Great service and atmosphere.

Out on Thursday afternoon, had two rooms comped up front,and got the other two and a little more off at checkout. I stopped by the host office and asked the guy at the desk. Comps seem tighter now, of course. It seems like we used to get three nights up front, now only two, but no complaints if they come off at the end. I am willing to try other properties and am going to next time, using the info off of this board.

Gambling, mostly three card by far. Average 8 or more hours a day at a ten dollar minimum table with all bets out. Like I said, I had a very good run with it this time. I had taken $1200 for gambling, and only spent $300. For six days, I call that a win. As you can see though, I did give a lot back. Next time I will probably go to BJ if I start losing at three card.

All in all great trip. My husband played in a sattelite, $500 buyin, one table tourny at WSOP. He came in second, no pay, but was thrilled to do it. Saw Jamie Gold, Jennifer Harmon and others ...interesting.

Well, back in November. Can't wait. Those of you who live there, esp. Kikky and Mike, you make me so jealous. Thanks for all the postings.

2. queentata

queentata VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please excuse typo. For some reason I kept hitting the wrong key and would end up above my text. Sorry.

3. btodd

btodd High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for taking the time to write the report.........I enjoyed it!!

4. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report for your first time. We stayed at MGM/Mirage properties for a couple of years but never really got any offers until we stayed at Harrah's properties last year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.