1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynn Slots Wynn Jackpot Invitational

Discussion in 'Wynn Slots' started by luckydude, May 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luckydude

luckydude Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A Wynn Jackpot icon showed up to the left of the bonus feature button. When you click on it it asks if you received an invitation code to participate in “our exclusive Wynn Invitational.” Anybody know what this is about?

2. Michael Smith

Michael Smith VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From what I can gather on the Facebook Wynn Slots Tips and Tricks, it appears it is still a mystery.

Yearly Del Mar, Saratoga, Mt. Charleston, Pool trip
  3. blue227

blue227 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just received an email from the Wynn today announcing a virtual slot tournament that they're running on the Wynn Slots app on May 15, May 22, and May 29.

For the first 2 tournament dates, participants receive 50 million virtual coins to play between the hours of 12noon to 6pm on the two days. The top 30 scores for each tournament receives Red Card (RC) point awards in the range of 10,000 to 50,000 per winning score. (RC points can be redeemed for Free Credit at the Wynn at a 100-to-1 ratio so those who win the top prize of 50,000 RC points will receive the equivalent of $500 in Free Credit.

The Finale tournament on May 29 allocates 100 million virtual coins per participant and has the same 6 hour window for players to try to maximize their tournament score using only the virtual coins. The grand prize in the Finale tournament is 500,000 RC points which translates into $5,000 in Free Credit at the Wynn. Top 30 scores are awarded RC points with the lowest winning tier (21st to 30th place) awarding 10,000 RC points to each who place (i.e. $100 in Free Credit).

Participants will not be able to play with their existing Wynn Slots coin balance or purchase additional coins for tournament play. Everyone will start out with the same number of virtual coins and will be limited to the initial amount they're allocated.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And you got this randomly or you are a frequent player at the Wynn?

5. Westside Waltz

Westside Waltz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe many people on their mailing list got this invitation. There were well over a thousand participants. It was a pretty poorly organized event, which isn't surprising since it was the first.

6. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am on the mailing list and didn't get it.

7. Westside Waltz

Westside Waltz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd contact your host if you'd like to be a part of it.

8. blue227

blue227 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a host at the Wynn and have participated in several of their slot tournaments over the past few years. However, the invitation for the virtual slot tournament wasn't sent by my host. It was sent by the Wynn guest services email address that sends me my standard offers (i.e. comp room nights, Free Credit, and sometimes food credit) every few months.

The first round of the virtual tournament was a dud for me. I need to develop a better strategy for future rounds. I was hopping around from game to game and ended up burning through my 50 million in virtual coins pretty quickly. The top 5 scores in the first round (who each won the equivalent of $500 in Free Credit) ranged from 7.3 to 13.2 billion points which left me well off the mark by the time I used up the last of my virtual coins.

9. Westside Waltz

Westside Waltz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Blue, I was out of coins after ten minutes and I landed in the 900s.

10. blue227

blue227 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    800s for me. Amazing that the top scorer's final tally was 264x their initial bankroll. I wish I could do that on my Vegas trips -- show up with a $10,000 bankroll and go home with $2.64 million. lol.

11. blue227

blue227 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Round 2 of the Wynn Slots virtual tournament wrapped up earlier today. I was able to last longer in this round compared to last week's Round 1 and finished in the top 50 but without any RC points prize to show for it. Like Round 1, some pretty amazing scores were required to place in the top 5 (and win the $500 in Free Credit).

12. Westside Waltz

Westside Waltz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did better as well and finished in the 100s. I don't know how those top finishers do it. I think it really does depend on the games you play.

13. blue227

blue227 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Virtual tournament finale was today and I did worse this time around finishing in the 400's. My wife (who has a Red Card but has probably gambled less than $100 at the Wynn over the past decade) received an email invitation to the tournament last night. She decided to download the app today, try her luck, and ended up in the 100's.

I wonder if these virtual tournaments will be held regularly going forward or if this was a one-time event for the Wynn to keep in touch with customers while Vegas was closed. I like the fact that there wasn't an entry fee to participate but have to admit that I normally don't play the Wynn app for hours at a time so the tournament play was sort of a grind for me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. blue227

blue227 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wynn Slots is bringing back their virtual tournaments. They are having 6 monthly tournaments starting this Friday, July 10 and running through December. Participants in the first 5 tournaments start out with 50,000,000 in virtual coins with the Finale Tournament in December starting out with 100,000,000. The rules are the same as before.

The prize structure is also similar to their earlier virtual tournaments with the top 5 scores in the first 5 tournaments winning 50,000 in Red Card points and the Grand Prize winner of the Finale receiving 500,000. 100 Red Card points = $1 Free Credit so that translates into a top prize of $500 for the first 5 tournaments and $5,000 for the Finale.

15. NickyJ

NickyJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I opened Wynn Slots to play in today's virtual tournament. Unfortunately, my starting tournament balance is only 5 million coins, not the 50 million. Anyone else have that problem? I had no glitches playing in the previous virtual tournaments.

16. blue227

blue227 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had that problem as well and had almost burned through my initial 5 million coins when a pop up window appeared while I playing that said they were going to add 45 million more coins to my balance. The pop up closed very quickly so I couldn't read all the text but it must have said something about making up for starting off short.

If you've played through your 5 million allotment and thought you were done, you should check to see if they added the 45 million coins to your account.

17. NickyJ

NickyJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks blue! When I went back to the app I had 50 million coins too. Crazy how the top scorer was over 36 billion!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.