1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo Trip Report

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by MomtoCCC, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MomtoCCC

MomtoCCC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I love reading other TRs so I thought I would post ours:

DH and escaped for 3 day trip last week (Thurs-Sat). I have companion pass on SW so we booked his fare on DING! and made our plans. We picked Flamingo this time since it is centrally located, has a good pool, and price was right at time of booking. Flamingo was fine - room was a little old but it was larger than I expected. We did check in at the airport which was definitely the way to go (hotel lines looked long all weekend). We asked for a room towards the back by the pool (did not try $20 trick). We ended up being 4 rooms from back elevators on south tower - perfect! Our room did over look the pool area which was nice.

We settled in and then went over to Caesars to Mesa Grill for lunch - wonderful! We had never eaten here before and would definitely go back. We've been to Vegas several times so didn't really feel the need to walk the strip and see everything. We did sign up for Total Rewards card at Caesars and blew a little money on Video Poker. We wanted to try table poker in Vegas for the first time so we headed back over to Flamingo and gave it a whirl. This was lots of fun - we played a low limit game and lasted for 3 hours on initial buy-in. (I was only down $10). You can sit and play and it is not smokey and the cocktail waitresses come by regularly.

We went to KA at MGM (via Monorail) on Thursday night - it was our first Cirque show and it was good - not great (7/10). I've been told we should see Mystere though (and maybe "O"). The auditorium was very comfortable though. Before the show we had a light snack at Wolfgang Puck cafe - we split a salad and pizza - food was good, service was so-so. After the show we took Monorail back to Flamingo and wandered up towards Venetian with the idea of getting dessert there. We stumbled across dueling piano bar at Harrahs and sat there awhile - fun crowd. Finally made it up to Venetian and got dessert at Grand Lux Cafe (just counter service). Walked back to Flamingo and crashed. We were very surprised at how crowded it was - lots of families - I guess people go to Vegas for Spring Break - not my idea of a family vacation...

Friday we laid out at the pool for a few hours - relaxing, reading, sunning (me), DH stays in the shade with his fair skin. We then headed over to Paris to see about eating at Mon Ami Gabi for lunch. We skipped the patio line and got seated right away. We ended up being on the window right by the patio - best deal because we could see outside but not be so hot. Food and service were very good here! We then wandered back to Flamingo for another afternoon of Poker (can you tell we got hooked on this?)

When we signed up for reward card we got a coupon booklet. One of the coupons was buy 1 get one free for the Second City Comedy show at Flamingo. We decided to try it after considering Carrot Top or some other shows but we figured the price was right and it was convenient. Show was at 8 and we were still full from lunch so we decided to make reservations for dinner after the show at the Italian place at Flamingo (Ventuanos sp?). Show was fine - humourous but I thought it might be more improv than it was. I'm not sure I would have paid full price but half price was just fine. Dinner at Ventenos was horrible! I would NOT go back there again. After dinner we went back over to Paris and sat at their Dueling Piano bar for a while and also got pastry dessert at their counter service. The piano bar here was good but the crowd was more fun at Harrahs.

Saturday - we got up early and beat the crowd at Paris breakfast buffet (I think we got there around 8:15 - no line at all). I was still full from late night dinner but this is our fav breakfast buffet (plus we got $10 off from coupon book). We went back and packed up and checked our luggage. We spent the afternoon playing poker until it was time to leave for the airport (via taxi).

Note on taxis - line was long when we arrived but it moved quickly. Taxi driver asked us which route we wanted to take (did not go through tunnel).

All in all a great 3 days away. Weather was perfect (came home to cold temps and snow/rain). We seem to make it to Vegas about once a year - there's still things I have not seen or done so I know we will be back!

Kellye

2. sanonofresurfer

sanonofresurfer Dude

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kellye-

Nice report.:thumbsup: I'm with you on the Flaming-O's poker room. It seems like I find myself in there once a day when I go to Vegas...with this last trip in March being the exception.

3. sin

sin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kelleye great trip report! I feel your pain on returning to the Abq. and it being cold and ugly. Truly sucks! Glad you all had a good time and now I'm going to have to hit the poker room at the Flaming-O. Thanks for posting!

4. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's nothing like a 3 day escape to Vegas; life is just so much better. Really nice TR.

5. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Enjoyable read, Kellye. The dueling piano bar at Harrahs is always a lot of fun. It's hard not to get sucked in when passing by. Thanks for the write up. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.