1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

17 year old boy recommendation for show

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Travis, Apr 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From their website: https://www.luxor.com/en/entertainment/carrot-top.html

AGE REQUIREMENTS
    You must be 16 years or older to attend. Anyone 18 years or younger must be accompanied by an adult. Must show ID.

This was the show I thought of too. He's edgy, but OP said he's not worried about appropriateness. We regularly have high reviews of his show.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are totally correct. Since the OP did not give us a bit of background or details, we are left to assume. And I really hate doing that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On this we agree!!

4. WSUCougs2000

WSUCougs2000 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw Carrot Top two weeks ago and he's funnier than ever! Great show. If you both can handle some sexual jokes/adult humor/swearing it may be a good fit.

5. Travis

Travis Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hadn't thought of Carrot Top or Blue Man Group. I never thought I would like Carrot top but the reviews are so consistently good I may check it out. I like blue Man, and he hasn't seen it so that's good too.

He has seen a traveling show of Spam a Lot and a couple smaller things, but he hasn't seen much. I like the Broadway shows, when I lived there I saw almost every show except the ones that closed too quickly. But I don't think he would appreciate them. He's a small town kid into athletics not arts.

Also I won't know for sure when we are free Friday until we are free. Could be noon could be 10 pm. So I probably should have a few options in mind since I can't really get tickets ahead of time.

Thanks for the suggestions.

6. Travis

Travis Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And I'm not worried about appropriateness, he's pretty mature and I know he has seen and heard worse when I'm not with him. There are lines I wouldn't cross, but I'm ok with anything that isn't going to be 21+ anyway.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Tatertot

Tatertot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Penn & Teller would be my recommendation for a night show. Mac King during the day - some of his jokes are actually pretty risqué as well.

8. TJC

TJC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I recommend Crazy Girls at Planet Hollywood if you're feeling like taking a chance and Laughternoon at The D if you're not.

9. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SKIP Terry Fator or any Cirque show other than LOVE if he's a Beatles fan or Absinthe if there's no age limit and you don't mind really dirty humor (most 17 year old boys wouldn't).

I'd vote Carrot Top for sure. Hilarious, very vegas-y and a little blue.

When I was 14 my parents took me to a topless showgirls extravaganza in Vegas and I'll never forget it. Kids are more advanced these days, and I don't know if I'd take my to the low-brow topless reviews, but I might let them go by himself if there's no age limit.

10. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That show is 18+.

11. TJC

TJC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly

12. Travis

Travis Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Circling back. We ended up going to Le Reve. Didn't have many choices trying to get tickets at 8:00 for a show that night. Overall it was a good choice I think. After the show he told me he thought it didn't sound that good, but he liked it a lot more than he expected. It probably wouldn't be my first choice if I was planning out something in advance. But it worked out ok.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Beanbon

Beanbon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MJOne?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.