1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

In-N-Out Burgers at the Linq

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by luckymanstan, Sep 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't understand who goes to Las Vegas to eat "like they do at home . . . . "

But, then again, I eat at least one meal every trip on Spring Mountain Road, or at Ping Pang Pong, Beijing Noodle No. 9 or Pho Da Nang at Rio . . . .

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  2. insin

insin Speed Spender

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone have any idea WHEN In-N-Out @ Linq will be opening?

I wouldn't waste my Vegas time on a fast food restaurant that I could easily eat at ...at home.
    But, we don't have In-N-Out Burger in my area, so I've always wanted to try them.
    More than likely...once I try it, I will never go there again.

In general I try NOT to duplicate too much from past trips.

3. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea no In-N-Out in Wisconsin so I want some

4. Darreningreenwood

Darreningreenwood Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd heard about I and O for a long time, both here and from my sister who lived in LA. Finally had a chance when a Grand Canyon tour bus stopped at one this summer on the way back to LV. I didn't know about the "secret menu", so I ended up with a plain double cheeseburger with lettuce and tomato. I can't do the sauce; my stomach doesn't like things with mayo. Thought it was good, not great.

But, now that I've had a chance to check out the secret menu, I think it could be a lot better. I just need to write it down before I go!

5. hail2skins

hail2skins VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to Five Guys for the first time in about six months last night, and have to admit I forgot how much I missed it. Used to go around once a week.

I agree with you that more is made of InO by a lot of folks than it should be, and people expect it to be the greatest meal they ever ate. When it really is just a solid fast food burger. Having said that, from a value perspective, InO destroys Five Guys. I can get a cheeseburger, fries, and drink at InO for what I paid for just a little cheeseburger at Five Guys last night (around $6).

6. eksantirik

eksantirik High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know about Five Guys, but In n Out is pretty economical for what you get. I like the fact that they don't screw you with menu pricing like many other fast food joints. If you purchase items separately, or together, you pay the same price for the items. This is fair, and makes me (most of the time) skip the soda and fries. I like their burgers a lot and getting a 2x2 or 3x3 is an awesome deal, compared to all other fast food burger joints.

7. Lady Fortuna

Lady Fortuna Blessed with luck and ignorance...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here in the Netherlands we only have McD's and B-King, so I love to try new things in Las Vegas. On my list for coming trip are Shake Shack and White Castle, but if I&O has opened by then, I will sure try it too.

8. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Because in and out is mostly out here in Ca, Az, Nev and a few more so zillions from other places that don't have one and have never been to one.

Updating The Linq's $2 Million In-N-Out Burger

I know one thing, in and out will have non stop starbucks type lines.

9. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems like In and Out only have outlets on the West Coast. It's a great marketing strategy to not expand all over the place and let the popularity of the place spread by word of mouth.

Vegas is the best place for this because it draws people from all over the world. People are saying "next time in Vegas we must try In and Out". Of course it does help that they provided value and great tasting food.

And burgers are as All-American as hot dogs.

10. iamsomedude

iamsomedude High-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I called Linq, and it seems like they still don't have a concrete date on when the In-N-Out will open.

Maybe the east coast Five Guys are better than the ones on the west coast, but I've eaten at Five Guys on three separate occasions and couldn't bring myself to like it more than In-N-Out (and believe me, I tried). Despite their simplicity, the freshness of the ingredients at In-N-Out is just much more apparent, and as others have said, the price is much more reasonable at In-N-Out. As far as tier goes, I would put Five Guys on Carl's Jr.'s level, because they put about the same level of care in their food, based on my experience. My number one choice for best fast food burger on the west coast would actually be The Habit, since their Santa Barbara Style Charburgers are excellent, especially with bacon and mushrooms.

11. elaine.mcgrew

elaine.mcgrew Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In n Out is delicious and so affordable, burgers, fries, shakes etc. They pay their help well and managers are treated well too, very family oriented.

12. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In-n-Out is expanding into Texas. I believe all restaurants are company owned and not franchised, so there is a better handle on quality control. Limiting the "footprint" to a specific geography makes it easier for In-n-Out to supply the restaurants from company owned distribution centers. They are successful and growing at their own pace.

As for Shake Shack, it was "ok", I thought it was overpriced. Five Guys is good, but two burgers, fries and soft drinks was about $30. But that includes all the peanuts you can eat, so they got that going on.

13. gotChopin

gotChopin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Habit Burger.

Socal residents you know what im talkin about.

14. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow.

I love a good burger. And also love a good "cheap" burger. Sometimes they are good, sometimes not.

But to trash somebody else's choice is just wrong. Calling someone insane is not right. Crazy or not your cup of tea...well, okay.

Chill out folks.

... I started to list my favorite burger in Vegas, but deleted it. There is a separate thread for that.

15. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will post a photo of my burger, fries and check from 5 Guys in California, MD on Thursday.

16. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In n out is already in Texas, as I went to one in Fort Worth this past April when I was in town for work.

I've eaten at both 5 guys and in n out at least a dozen times each, and would definitely put in n out ahead on taste alone, though 5 guys does a pretty good burger. And in n out is easily the better value as many have pointed out. Smash burger is a couple steps below in n out as well.

I'll have to try the habit again, lived in so cal for a year and a half now but have only gotten a habit burger once. And still need to try shake shack one of these days.

People in the Chicagoland area need to try Meatheads, they've been slowly growing over the last 7 or 8 years. That's the one burger chain that I would put on the same level as in n out.

• Like Like x 1
  17. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    5 guys does nothing for me but in and out is to my taste much better. Fries are very non greasy and cut fresh all day. I live about 1 minute from either.

18. gotChopin

gotChopin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    C'mon there's plenty of beautiful 40 year olds that look fabulous in skirts or can look good if they did wear. Lot of them look better than the 20s crowd. At least here in OC and Los Angeles.

19. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This! Well said...

20. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with you @Electroguy563 - I'm so fickle when it comes to 'fast and economical' burgers - the last one is the best one. Some folks are Pepsi, some folks are Coca Cola. Plenty of burger variety out there to suit most everyone.

In N Out - yum burger, fries not so much. We now have several in Austin, TX but not as special as the 1st one in Vegas.
    Fatburger - yum on the burger and the fries out at GVR.
    5 guys - the fries oh yes the fries! burgers are yum too (had these on a trip back east).
    ShakeShack - yum to the burger and cheese fries and milkshake - tried the one on the strip by NYNY and will go back.

Guess I'm not only a slot 'slug' but a burger 'slug' as well - cheap or fancy - count me in - will definitely try the In N Out at the Linq next trip!

@Lady Fortuna - great idea to try 'em all and let us know how you liked them (I believe there is also a Fatburger just north of MGMGrand on the strip). I have not tried White Castle yet....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.