1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mirage Room Question

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by BarelyHangingOn, Sep 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am looking through my offers and I have a free night plus $35 rates, $50 credit and an offer to to call for a FP amount at the Mirage. The offer says its for a Deluxe Room. What is that on their website and what would the view be like?

I currently have $69 at the Aria for a Strip View and late check out booked but my Mrs. want to stays somewhere different so I am just watching my offers.

I know exactly what I am getting at the Aria and I hate not knowing what I am getting into elsewhere.

Thanks!

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it says deluxe room, that's the basic "Resort Room", most likely pool facing as strip view is considered an upgrade.

Resort Tower is the next level up, then you start getting into the suites.

3. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Mirage room is about 130 sq. ft. smaller than Aria's. Probably will notice it most in the bathroom with Aria having double sinks, separate tub and shower, and a water closet.

4. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree w Jo Jo... The bathroom Alone is enough to nix the Mirage. Unless you get aTower Deluxe or better, I'd stay w Aria.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. VegasTravelNews

VegasTravelNews MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of the many things I learned as a Vegas veteran: "Deluxe Room" in Las Vegas = Standard Room anywhere else.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mirage's deluxe bathroom is pretty, but SMALL. Also, the room we had had a shower curtain, which is a major step down from Aria.

The final thing is no floor to ceiling windows like Aria.

I DO like Mirage, but I definitely prefer Aria rooms-especially the bathrooms.

BUT if the Mrs. Wants to try something new, it definitely isn't a bad room, and you guys can play at the other end of the strip (as in the location will give you new stomping ground.) Good luck and enjoy!

7. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you decide to take the Mirage offer, I'd suggest upgrading to a Tower Deluxe King on floors 24 and 25, I believe- your wife will appreciate it - it has a larger bathroom with separate walkin shower with two sinks (the std deluxe bathroom is small with a tub/shower combo). The rooms are nice and well maintained, but as mentioned, no floor to ceiling window.
    Mirage view could be pool, volcano, strip, or mountain. The pool is great.

8. BarelyHangingOn

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone for you input. I think it would be hard to go to a standard room after staying in the aria room with the bathroom and even the beds in mind. I would feel like we were missing out on something.

I might call them anyways and see what they say about the possibility of the Tower Deluxe. It never hurts to ask. The rodeo finals are in town that weekend which is busy for them.

9. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Geogran is the Mirage queen....I'd definitely call about the deluxe tower room. Honestly if you can get the upgraded bathroom, you should be set. I like the rooms and rhe beda are really comfy....shower curtains just bug me. So, if TD is a walk-in shower, youre set. I actually think Geogran prefers Mirage to Aria?

If you can get it with the separate shower and tub, it might be fun to stay at a different spot on the strip. Enjoy!

Ps Geogran, I'll be pulling your all-nighters in just a few days, and I'll think of you!:woohoo:

10. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh man @Multifarious, only 3 days before you are back in Vegas??
    Do you have to rub it in???? :thumbsup::thumbsup: Green with envy :D:D
    Counting on you to score some big wins at Aria and Cosmo! Keep us posted on your food adventures..

(I am so torn - loyal to Mirage, I love Mirage slots because I have won 90% of my jackpots there and really like my host there. But Aria is soooo beautiful and the corner suites are sweet!! Just cannot win there. Cosmo terrace view is the draw for me there and great host, restaurants, and fun slots - but haven't broken the ice on a hand pay there yet.
    Too many choices - guess I need to make more trips, HA)!

11. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am grinning Geogran! I totally get it on loyalty to Mirage, and I love that on you.

Aria has been great to me, and I had my first hand pay there (last trip), but the biggie is that they are just always really good to me. And yes, I also love Aria's rooms and service!!!! Mirage just has your heart, AND your handpays. :D

On Cosmo, like you, I adore their terrace rooms...and I genuinely think they have the best player's club I've experienced. Not to mention I love the elegance downstairs. Cosmo also has been extremely generous, which is why it has actually become my focus on tier level, even above mlife now. I too just need to crack the cosmo hand-pay, maybe this trip!

For me, Cosmo and Aria are my two favorites...you have it tough because you have to juggle 3 :p

I'll have fun for you too, and I'm still curious if you make it to the end of the year without another trip ;)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  12. BarelyHangingOn

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys for your comments they are appreciated. We always seem to find ourselves at the Mirage on our trips.Mostly because I like the beer breakfast buffet and we like the tigers.

Most of our trips have centered around running from attraction to attraction. This year will be a little more relaxed.

We are going to do Terry Fator and the beer buffet again and I was thinking of taking in some of the free Rodeo Concerts.

Right now their offers are based on my play at the Aria. Do you think with some reasonable actual Mirage play that I could better offers beyond basic rooms or it is relatively hard to achieve this? I am not sure what the level of play would be to get beyond a basic. I gather from reading this forum that some places are easier than others.

Thanks for your help.

13. phade

phade Keeping tabs on LV while not there...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at Mirage last month was upgraded at check-in for the king room with the separate shower and tub and strip view. Was on the 24th floor and had separate elevators for the 24/25 floors, which was really a treat I didn't realize until a day or two went by and no need to stop at several floors and no waiting for an elevator.

It's by no means fancy, but my wife enjoyed the room and resort quite a bit and so did I. I'd wager we stay there again the next time we head to LV (not likely until 2018).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.