1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Difference between deluxe and classic suites at rio

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by addicted, Aug 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. addicted

addicted High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone know the difference? The definition on the Rio website is the same. Both 600 sq ft contemporary decor and 32" tv with mountain views. The price is about $5 a night difference.

2. smooth899

smooth899 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Honestly I don't think there's much of a difference in any of their suites - at least not enough of a difference that I would pay extra for. I stayed in a Luxury suite over the weekend and didn't think it was much better than a Classic or Deluxe suite, except maybe it had newer carpet. The furniture was still old, same TV, and the bathroom wasn't any better. In fact, neither of the bathroom sinks drained all weekend. I ended up brushing my teeth, shaving, etc over the bathtub faucet lol.

3. addicted

addicted High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bet your right about not much difference in the rooms, I stayed in one of the luxury suites a couple years ago, when they were called samba suites. The room was on the 38th floor if I remember correctly, I wonder if the "luxury suites" are just higher floors...

I just looked at the website and the luxury suite is 600 sq ft also.

Bummer about the sink.

4. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The classic suites are in the Masquerade tower, the deluxe in the Ipanema tower. The classic suites have that weird big window in the bathroom wall. I stay in the deluxe suites in the IP tower. The Samba suites are in the Masquerade tower, they are decent too.

5. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Classic in CET parlance means hasn't been remodeled in a long time. I would pay $5 extra in the hopes of a newer mattress.

6. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delux suite is not quite as bad as Classic Suite ( I hope). I stayed in a Delux suite last December and it was in very sad shape. Lamp shades were ripped to shreds and barely over the lamps. Two outlets didn't work and were never repaired. I won't even describe the carpet.
    I can only guess what the Delux was like.

7. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe one has just a shower and other has tub and shower

8. addicted

addicted High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the responses.

I've stayed here a couple times before, always in the Masquerade tower. I'll give the Ipanema a try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.