1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

B connected website problem with credit card

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by surf87, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surf87

surf87 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On 8/9/16 & 8/10/16, I tried booking for my November room at downtown Las Vegas but a pop window keeps coming up saying that there was a problem with credit card booking and to call the 1-800 reservation phone number. Both times I tried using multiple credit cards but it won't go through. Any one else experiencing this problem.

2. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Better talk to someone on the phone..B connected has given me some minor problems in the past..GL

3. TJC

TJC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel your pain. I called last night to make reservations with MSS and I was on the phone for a whopping 3 minutes and 28 seconds.....brutal!

I always use the phone and frequently get free upgrades. The robot running the interweb front desk isn't nearly as generous.

• Like Like x 1
  4. squidward

squidward Probationary Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gotta agree with TJC... I check comp status on B connected... but have called to make reservations on the 1-800 line... ask for an extra night if you have a late flight... quick-easy-greasy and they have always sent an Email confirmation.

5. surf87

surf87 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As much as possible I prefer to book online rather than with a live person (due to possible human errors). Anyway I found that the B connected MSS website was the culprit for not processing my credit card payment. I booked at Fremont ($5 more per night) and it went through without a hitch. I prefer MSS due to it being more quiet (I'm an old fogie) but Fremont will work for me. So for informational purposes anyone intending to book MSS via the B connected site, it might be best like jamesxnj, TJC & squidward said to call in your reservation.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  6. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a problem with Orleans website. It wouldn't accept my postal code. The person on the phone said just use our own zip code. I thought that was odd, but it worked. I thought the idea of the Zip/Postal code with the CC info was for the CC company to verify that it was the right person using the card.

7. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Made a reservation the other day. It said there was an error or timed out or something and to try again later or call 1-800. It also stated somewhere not to hit the back button or refresh the page while the process was in process. So I didn't BUT checking email I had a confirmation of my reservation which was weird but satisfactory.
    Generally, the site works without a hitch.

8. Nevada1278

Nevada1278 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since they changed the payment page to inputting card details on a separate page, international postal codes are invalid. Only format it will accept is a US zip code. BConnected also told me to use their zip code, but I haven't does this as my credit card company will likely flag this up as possible fraud and decline the transaction and lock the card.

I did make the required reservations by phone when I was in Vegas two weeks ago, using the free local calls provided by El Cortez. Not so cheap when calling internationally from home.

I've emailed Boyd to let them know about this issue, and my husband has tweeted them (I know, pointless right?) but no response.

This could well be driving a lot of international guests to book through third party websites where payment isn't a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  9. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder if the problem is using multiple credit cards.

A few weeks ago I booked my MSS stay on their web site. Not sure if I'm going for the January CES but I booked the rooms just in case. I just used one cc with no problems, in fact just I got my cc statement with the first night charge on it already so it went through pretty quickly.

I'm kind of lucky because the room rates for January quickly jumped up $10 or $20 a night more already so even if I decide not to go and cancel at least I got a good rate for the rooms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.