1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Palace Station May 26-29-1991

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Camp Rusty, Jul 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

So here is a late trip report.

Happy Birthday Palace Station !

My very scrambled and fun recollection of staying at the Palace Station, and the events of that weekend.

Quite literally a trip to trip, within a trip as it was to the see the Grateful Dead play three nights at the University of Las Vegas' football stadium, the Sam Boyd Silver Bowl. The stadium is located approximately eleven thousand miles from the Palace Station if you are taking the bus. This was of little concern to me as I was there, in Vegas, to see the Dead.

I booked this trip through my actual local no fee human travel agent, this was pre Expedia, and she was great. Searched it out, came up with a price, added on the additional charge for solo, and booked me. $190.00USD for dour nights plus airfare at the amazing Palace Station. The home of the world's largest neon sign. She was a Vegas person too.

Not exactly sure how I arrived at the hotel, I pack really light, likley bussed to Sahara and the Strip and walked over. I was thirty five and in great shape, so not having a rental car and a pretty good bus rider I was in fine shape. I am sure I had cab money and could have afforded a car but figured I would be fine walking and bussing. Turned out I was, but probably could have saved some time and a lot of hiking for twenty bucks in cab fare.

2. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a plan.

Arrived about check in, threeish, and was given a room and a map.......a map of the hotel. I
    My travel package was a basic room in the old section out facing I-15. You see, the Palace Station was part old "motor lodge" and my room was in the oldest of the old part. With bars on the window. Loud.

Didn't care....in Las Vegas. Happy hippie.

The plan.......

......hit room, shower off the plane flight, hit the bar for happy hour, have a couple drinks......back to room, nap. Late dinner, up early to explore. The shows weren't until the evening the next day so I had plenty of time to get the transportation figured out and get over to the Silver Bowl.

Yea, well, thirty five years old on a solo Vegas vacation. The plan was in serious jeopardy already.

Things from here get kinda' fuzzy...........

3. Treb23

Treb23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two of my favorite things....Vegas and The Dead!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.