1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My Mlife Parking Experience This Week

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by VegasGroove, Jun 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After Sunday and Monday at the Orleans, I checked into MaBay on Tuesday. My Mlife status was Pearl, with 14K points from Gold. I valet exclusively and was not looking forward to paying. But, as I valeted on Tuesday, the valet attendant explained the new parking system and fees. Each day I was charged $18 for valet. The system is you keep the short stub with you every day until check out. Each day you pull into valet, they check your short stub against the long stub that they put on your window dash on day one.

On Thursday, I made Gold and wondered about the parking fees mid-visit. When I checked out yesterday morning, I mentioned to the front desk agent that I made Gold and does this alter the valet parking fees. He asked what day I made Gold and I told him Thursday. He removed the valet parking fees for Thursday and Friday - no questions, no problem - only paying for Tuesday and Wednesday.

I had a foreboding feeling when I first pulled up to MaBay, thinking about this whole parking thing. Of all the changes lately, this one really affected me because I rent/drive/valet every trip. But I had a positive experience with it and thankfully, I won’t pay for valet (at least through September 2017!).

Another note: when I pulled into Bellagio valet (I saw O Friday night), the attendant scanned the window dash stub. From the stub, they know your name and explains no charge for this visit.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't get it? You made Gold during the trip and paid $18 a day for valet for two days of the trip and this is ok?

3. gregster44

gregster44 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also spent this last week in Vegas utilizing valet, I was gold before the trip and knew i would not be charged, but I was actually surprised at how smooth things went. I was staying at the Mirage and visited the MGM, Aria, and Mandalay Bay during the trip with no troubles from valet. The ticket kiosks work pretty decent as well and overall had a positive experience.

4. remmerde

remmerde VMB's Resident Cigar Sommelier

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Strange experience parking last Wednesday night at NYNY. Put my Pearl card in at the entrance, gate lifted and I went in. Okay, fine.

Then on exit, gate was down, I reached out the window to put my Pearl card in but before I could put it in the slot, the gate lifted. Hmm.

5. ngrund

ngrund High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    from what I've gathered from posts on other sites, your license was scanned when you entered, so the system knew not to charge you. this is also so they can tell how long between entry and exit, if there will be a charge

6. eksantirik

eksantirik High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do they look at the account, or the card itself? My current card is Pearl, however, my account is back to Sapphire level since Oct 2015. On my April trip, Mlife desk, despite knowing that my Pearl card had expired, never attempted to change the card. So, I still keep the Pearl card.

If I use this card for parking, will I get away with the parking fee?

7. remmerde

remmerde VMB's Resident Cigar Sommelier

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are actually putting the card into a slot with a magnetic stripe reader, not just flashing the card at some attendant. I think it's likely checking your account.

If you're not presently Pearl or above, I'd be very surprised if you got free parking just by having an old card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.