1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Early January weather?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Steve in RI., May 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve in RI.

Steve in RI. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm thinking of a possible trip right after the new year. I know it gets cold sometime in the winter months, but I was wondering what to expect that time of year.

2. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    cold for Floridians. Bearable for northeners. more of a problem with north weather and airlines and snow and ice

3. Steve in RI.

Steve in RI. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I expect it to be warmer than the east, but thr thought of getting stuck is possible. I really wouldn't mind getting stuck in LV, but wouldn't want to miss my flight out.:grrr:

4. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We almost always do LV right around the holidays and it's warm compared to the upper midwest. It's cool, usually not cold, even though I've now seen it snow in LV three times over the years.

As far as getting stuck, we learned the hard way years ago to NEVER book a LV flight that connects through Denver between say October and March!

5. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope... Not for this Floridian! Nov, Dec & Jan are my favorite times of the year to go to Las Vegas.
    You'll find me wearing Cargo Shorts w/a Long Sleeve Shirt and maybe a Light Fleece Jacket.
    I sometimes get a funny look. Not sure if it's the Shorts or because of the Collegiate Look on an old guy!
    As long as I am comfortable they can stare all they like! That's the most important thing! Being Compy!

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  6. ExVegasLocal

ExVegasLocal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends on whether you will have wind or not. If the weather is windy, it can be uncomfortably cold. If the wind is not blowing, it can be balmy (compared to other parts of the country.)

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would suggest you check sites like weather.com to see how the weather has ACTUALLY been over the years vs. what "we remember".

8. zolar31

zolar31 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went in January a couple years ago. It was high 50s during the day, and high 30s at night.
    I did see a couple of people swimming in the Paris pool. One night I had to wear my hat and gloves. I also had to use the heat in the room to get the chill out.

If you park in the long term lot at PVD, leave a shovel in your trunk. There's a good chance you might have to dig your car out. I saw people digging their cars out by hand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.