1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

May 29-june 4th Mandalay, Ph And Mss

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by DavidR82, May 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidR82

DavidR82 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been a long 10 months since our last trip out there, which turned into a nightmare of a time and the worst trip I have EVER had to Vegas in over 15 trips. Long story short, gf and I were assaulted @ the Flamingo on our last trip in their elevators. Their elevators do not have cameras in them. Hotel security wasn't much help, Metro wasn't much help since no video evidence in the elevators, our word against theirs...which is understandable, I know how all that works. It would of turned into a huge hassle to proceed in filing criminal charges, especially since those a$$wipes were from out of the area. That incident left a bad taste in my mouth with the Flamingo. It went from being one of my favorite spots, just based on location and pool, to a spot I wouldn't want to stay at again. So that was a recap on our last nightmare of a trip. All the bad feelings have dissipated and its time to start planning a new trip.

This trip has been *official* for about 2 weeks now. It has already seen numerous changes on trip dates and hotels and I believe we have it hammered out now on where we will be staying based on strip location, comped rooms, pools.

Originally we were going to use a comp 2 night offer at Cosmopolitan for Sun Mon and have Rio for Mon thru check out Friday and fly home. Things changed. As much as I love Cosmopolitan, this will be a relaxing semi low rolling trip and would hate to burn my Cosmo offers, especially when I have a "Bro trip" coming up in the fall.

I really wanted to get MGM to have access to their pools and lazy river but found a better room offer at Mandalay Bay, which I've never stayed at.

We will be arriving in Las Vegas Sun May 29th around 0830. This will be after I work a 7pm-3am shift Saturday night Ohio time. I'm hoping to last all day, but we will see how that goes. . . Day 1 will consist of relaxing at MB's pool.

2. DavidR82

DavidR82 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HOTELS

Sun: Mandalay Bay - Bay King Suite

Mon thru Friday: Planet Hollywood - 1 King Hip room, strip view

Friday: Main Street Station - just a normal run of the mill room.

We chose MB for Sunday due to never staying their before and to relax at their pools. Total costs for the 1 night a little over $50 after factoring in the resort fee minus the small freeplay and resort credit I get.

Quick question for those following. Does MB check to see if your room key card is activated when you are using their pool or just visually make sure you have a room key? If just visually see you have a room key, we may try to use their pool later in our stay instead of Planet Hollywoods while we are there.

Planet Hollywood was chosen due to it being comped and no resort fee for being Diamond, as well as having a decent Diamond lounge. The other options for *free* from Caesars were Ballys, Linq, Rio, Harrahs and Flamingo. Caesars only showed comp 2 nights for me. I quickly ruled out Linq and Harrahs, briefly considered Flamingo for the pool until I just thought about the last trip we had out there. I do like Ballys location and their VP bar, but PH has better rooms. PH won that round.

Main Street Station was picked due to GF wanting to stay 1 more extra day since we will most likely have a day of hiking at Mt. Charleston and a day trip to either San Diego or Grand Canyon, still up in the air. The choices for the final day based on comps from Boyd properties were Gold Coast and MSS. I have never stayed downtown and have always talked about it, I figured the last night would be fun just to stay off of Fremont with better gaming options and comped beers from their brewery.

3. DavidR82

DavidR82 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Transportation

I get off work 3am in Ohio May 29th. Our flight is scheduled for a 7:10 departure out of IND via Southwest. The gf will be my chauffeur while I try to take a nap in the car on our 1.45 hr drive to IND. Reasons we are flying IND versus CVG, Free. I'm using my SW points for the free flight out there on their first nonstop flight of the day. We arrive 08:30 Vegas time!

After arriving in Vegas the plan is to pick up our rental car for the week @ Alamo at 09:00. Total cost of car, so far, is $256.00 with a return on June 4th at noon. I've been checking daily watching the price drop and rebooking.

4. DavidR82

DavidR82 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shows/Entertainment

I'm not really a big show guy. I'm use to my guy trips out there which basically consist of going hard all day drinking and gambling. I have to suck it up since this is a trip with the gf, so have to do a few other things other than gamble 24/7 and drink 24/7. Looking at a few options we were able to scrounge up free entertainment

Monday May 30th- Penn and Teller using my monthly free Diamond Show tickets. This still leaves two tickets to use for our June portion of the trip!

Tuesday May 31st- KA- We both redeemed our myvegas points for Ka and booked online to avoid any booking fee. Total cost- FREE

The rest of the week is up in the air and will let it play out. We are most likely going to have a hiking day, we will let our bodies do the talking and see what day we feel like doing that when we get out there.

I do know I wouldn't mind to pay to see Carrot Top again. That may be a option.

5. codingkw

codingkw High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jeff dunham will be at Caesars the saturday you are in town.

6. DavidR82

DavidR82 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortuantly we are flying home Saturday afternoon :(

7. Jill

Jill Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We fly in 5/31. First 2 days at Mandalay. Then 3 at Palms and 2 comped at Gold Coast

8. Sheil813

Sheil813 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm anxious to hear about your MB experience. We are coming in early am in June and staying there. Wondering if they will,charge for early checkin and how the pool area is!

9. DavidR82

DavidR82 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Arrival in Vegas in a little over 48 hours!

Unfortunately, took a bad beating at my local this past week on two separate sessions. Beautiful 8/8 versus a 6 for $500.00, which coincidentally was going to be my last hand and was exactly what I was up for the session. Split the 8s and caught another 8 and was put in two double down situations on 2 out of the 3 hands...needless to say my best hand was a 19 and dealer flips over a 4 and draws a face card.

Came back a few days later after that and got destroyed again with losing all my double downs....Needless to say most of my budgeted roll has been depleted for this Vegas trip and this will now be a low roller trip. No $1.00 VP this trip now and will be mostly nickel and quarter video poker and low limit table games with a few sports bets thrown in. Hopefully get a few decent wins in the beginning to keep me sustained without having to make some withdrawals from the atm! I generally keep my gambling bankroll separate and when it's gone, it's gone until I build it back up.

10. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fellow Buckeye with the exact same itinerary as you. We are flying out 5/29 and returning 6/4. Originally booked for same flight you're on, but we ended up changing to fly out of CMH. We live near Dayton, so CMH/IND are both viable options. We did IND last time and really enjoyed it.

We're opposite side of the strip for the trip, so probably won't see you, but enjoy, and kill it out there!!

Taking the wife to a work conference
  11. DavidR82

DavidR82 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    24 hour checkin in on Southwest and snagged A52 boarding position so will at least have a window seat that I prefer.

12. Big dan

Big dan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck! Ask for a strip view at mb it is one of the best imo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.