1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Back to Vegas - asking for help again - meals at Aria this time

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Geogran, Apr 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mitchillen

mitchillen Newbie

I agree with the very enthusiastic Multifarious5 above on 550 pizza. I'm from NYC and I absolutely love pizza. I've tried pizza from the places that are considered best in town, brick-oven, dollar pizza, chain pizza (dominos, etc.), you name it...

And let me tell you... 550 pizza ranks in my top 3-5. It was THAT good. In fact, out of all the great food I ate during my recent March trip including buffets and also at Carbone, their pizza is what I remember the most. They also have a lunch menu for $18? where you get a seasonal soup or salad and a personal pizza or gnocchi. The pizza was huge and although my stomach felt like it was about to burst, not finishing the delicious pizza would be a disservice to my taste buds. :licklips:

Oh and Carbone and the buffet were pretty good too ;)

2. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Javiers is completely forgettable

3. luckydude

luckydude Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Totally agree with Javier's and Julian Serrano's both are really good. I would also like to add Lemongrass to the list for a lunch suggestion. We ate there 3 times and it was consistently good every time. The breakfast options are weak at Aria in my opinion. Aria Cafe is pricey and the service was slow. After reading this thread I can't wait to try Diablo's during our upcoming trip. Eating the nacho's and drinking a couple of Margaritas while looking out at the strip sounds like a winner.

4. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Lucky, excited about you trying the Diablo nachos! Just make sure to get the steak nachos.... a little more $$$ but the only ones I have tried/can put my name on. One of the best values on the strip in my opinion, and we get them EVERY time in Vegas...enjoy!

P.S. Mitchillen, if a New Yorker gives 550 thumbs up, you know its solid. Glad my vote had a NYC stamp of approval... you guys know your pie. Your feedback made my day :)

And Geogran, who is only TWO days away from Vegas? Have a blast!

5. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1

Javier's has a decent atmosphere and food is okay, but not the best Mexican food in Vegas by a long shot.

Julian Serrano is really the only restaurant I return to at Aria. (Although if you are into buffets, I think Aria's has improved. We hated it in 2013-2015, but last week was a lot better.)

6. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife and I had lunch at 550 pizza on our last visit.
    We had a medium sized pizza with three toppings. We made our own "Canadian" (pepperoni, bacon and mushroom)
    She had a soda.
    I had the beer and shot special and one glass of beer on top of it because the beer that comes with the shot special is terribly small.

Cost: $78.

The Pizza was good but it wasn't a $50 pizza on my eyes.
    What made it worse was that we boxed half of it up for later and left it on the table by mistake. She thought I took it and vise versa.
    I think you are better off grabbing slices.

7. rje

rje High-Roller

I would agree with many fellow posters here: Julian Serrano and Javier both excellent choices.
    I have stayed at Aria a few times and have dined at this places multiple times.
    If you are looking for a good steak, I also recommend Jean Georges.

The Café and Buffet are also vey good.

8. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Javier's fajitas are the best anywhere.

I have never been disappointed in the Aria Cafè. There Thursday special turkey dinner is great.

9. gpburdell

gpburdell Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My group has been staying at Aria every year since they opened. One of the reasons is the great restaurants there. When Aria first opened, my biggest complaint was the lack of good mid tier food options other than Lemongrass and the buffet. Cafe Vettro and whatever it was called before 550 were mediocre.

I've been happy that they have added Javiers and 550. When you include Crystals and Cosmo, there are plenty of good mid range options in easy walking distance. I haven't ventured over to Monte Carlo yet that much to eat. I went to their pub once and it was terrible (service wise).

Did anyone see that Aria will have a burger place soon? https://www.aria.com/en/restaurants/burger-lounge.html If they come close to Holsteins or Burger Bar I'll be in heaven.

I'm surprised to see people saying good things about the Aria cafe. When it was Vettro it was terrible food wise. Might have to give it a second chance.

The places we always visit at Aria when we go:
    Lemongrass (it's awesome they are open to 2am)
    Javiers (get the Cabo Azul)
    Todd English Pub
    550 (sit down)
    Buffet

I'm looking forward to trying the Bardot brunch and Herringbone on my next trip.

10. Rubos

Rubos Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We tried Julien Serrano on our first visit and were really underwhelmed - but it's getting some good praise here so maybe a one off

We like lemongrass, blossom and javiers all a solid choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. MidnightBJ

MidnightBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am one of those that have tried Julian serrano's three times because of all the rave reviews on here. Unfortunately, I have yet to even halfway enjoy a meal, so I finally crossed it off my restaurant list. Just goes to show that everyone has different tastes. I always stay at Aria and my faves are Jean Georges, Javier's and 550 for a late night snack. I am anxious to try Carbone and add that to the rotation. I wasn't able to make it there last time I was at Aria.

12. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did I see that you just got back from Vegas? WE DEMAND A FOOD REPORT. :licklips:

13. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Careful what you wish for spicole! Check Trip Reports - just posted a not so interesting one but you get your food report fix.
    thanks for all your helpful tips!

Geogran

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.