1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

anyone been to the Shelby museum/factory?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Ace-n-Lucille, Apr 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace-n-Lucille

Ace-n-Lucille Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The occasion and reason for our trip to LV this fall is a big anniversary - and while car stuff makes my eyes glaze over and I come close to crying with boredom, it's something Ace is very interested in, so I'm thinking for my "anniversary gift" to him.....

.....I would endure a visit to the Shelby museum with him (he wouldn't go by himself, I'm certain. I'm the tour guide for the small amounts of traveling we do anymore.)

It's free, I see (so it's not a matter of whether it's worth the money) but is it worth the time and trouble? I see they have tours - that seem to last 1 1/2 hours (Good Lord I'll die!) :) - but I'm thinking that he'd enjoy the tour more than just wandering around the place - maybe the tours provide more information and access? Or is the place worth seeing at all?

Has anyone been? Opinions?

Thanks!

2. codingkw

codingkw High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My fiance is a huge car guy. He owns a 73 Gran Torino and a 66 F100, so we do all the car museums. I don't know if I would have done the tour. We just walked around and toured it ourself. I would have died of boredom as well. The place is worth seeing, but I wouldn't do a tour.

Has he been to see counts customs or the museum in the Linq. We have done both of those as well. There is also another one we will be doing this year. The hollywood car museum.

3. Ace-n-Lucille

Ace-n-Lucille Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks codingkw! I just now thought about checking on Trip Advisor, and the place gets almost universally great reviews, the same as yours. So I will definitely plan on a visit when making up our "itinerary".

Also and alas, many of the reviews rave about the tour - so I guess I'll plan on timing our visit for a tour, long though it may be. I will just suck it up and tell Ace that he'd better appreciate this his anniversary gift I've arranged for him..... :)

ETA: damn. Now I've checked Yelp reviews and again they're overwhelmingly positive. I am stuck doing this. I will have to focus on Ace loving the experience, and try hard not to die of eye-glazing boredom while there.....

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.