1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vdara, Four Seasons or Mandarin Oriental?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by ant, Apr 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ant

ant Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1st time to LV 01-06 Sept, 5 nights for an anniversary. Looking at Vdara, Four Seasons or Mandarin Oriental to ensure no smoking due to health reasons. If you take the MO offer of free room, taxi from airport and breakfast, is it worth the extra than the Vdara? Vdara doesn't appear as nice looking either from images Ive seen compare to the other two.

Do MO or 4S ever have any discounts such as 10% off?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't really recommend anything but I can help you to narrow down your options by saying that you don't want to be staying at Four Seasons, it's way too far for a first timer.

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We love all three props. I'd say the standard of service of MO is tops. We've put in more nights at Four Seasons, however, because it's been around longer and we are 4S fans in general. Vdara certainly beats most hotels on the Strip.

4. BigDubbs

BigDubbs Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First time in LV? I'd vote for Vdara. It won't be as nice as MO, but if you're into gambling, it's an Mlife property. A little closer in CityCenter than MO to Aria and Crystals I believe.

5. ChickenBone Jones

ChickenBone Jones Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mandarin all day, everyday, no discussion needed.
    4 seasons location is not great for a first timer and Vdara is nice but it is not in the same league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And I'm not getting the proximity-to-Aria "benefit" of Vdara. It's not like the Bataan Death March, exactly. lol

Actually, I've never been a big "location" sort, anyway; if we're on the Strip we're on the Strip, particularly now with the North Strip essential dead the Strip is even more compact. First timers are out and about. Hell, we've done this more than 100 times and when we're on the Strip we're still all over out and about. To us it is where we want to stay, hotel- and amenities-wise; we'll find our way to Wynn and back and back up again. Just us.

7. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mandarin if price is not a concern although Four Season is right up there. Great hotel, service and location. Vdara is very nice as well although i don't like their pool but its excellent if you want to stay somewhere nice on a budget. Having said that I'm staying at Four Season on my next trip in June, i was choosing between them and Mandarin but after doing some rate shopping on trivago i found out that 4S was almost 150 a night cheaper then MO during my dates which made the decision a no brainer for me.

8. ItsVegasTime

ItsVegasTime Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd go with Vdara myself between those 3, if I was a first time visitor.

9. valsdad

valsdad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mandarin Vdara FS in that order. Vdara can be quite a bit cheaper although it's not as upscale as the other two. No matter where you stay, make them aware you are celebrating your anniversary.

10. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's different for you when you've stayed there over 100 times but in my opinion location is everything for a first timer unless you're planning on not doing much sightseeing. Regardless of the form of transportation, it'll take quite a lot of your vacation time if you're staying at Four Seasons. But that's just entirely my opinion.

11. jagdan61

jagdan61 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm actually staying at the Vdera on the same dates you are going to be in Vegas. My decision on Vdera was having the Washer/Dryer in the room. Not sure if the other properties you listed have that. Good luck!

12. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with this.VDara is connected to Bellagio,up a stairway from Cosmo,and across the drive from Aria.
    FS is great property but IMO there is a benefit to being Center Strip for first trip.
    The other consideration is that for about the same price you can get a corner suite at VDara vs. a standard room at MO.

13. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Different strokes for different folks. I stayed at Luxor on my first visit back when i was in college, then a month later the Riviera and when summer came along i moved on to the IP. Three dumpy hotels on different parts of the strip but to be honest the location had very little impact on me since we did so much walking around anyway taking in all the sights. Also if you are only there for a day or two i agree about the center strip location but in reality you really have to do a lot of walking to see everything as a first timer. Also if you end up on the wrong end of the strip after a long day and feel tired you can always cab it back, should be a non issue for someone staying at a high end hotel.

At least this is how i experienced it as a first timer, but i can certainly see why some people think a center strip location is important as well.

14. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And it is a valued opinion. My point was that across our many trips, we've not wavered a hell of a lot -- we are out and about. Unless we've holed up off Strip, when we are on the Strip -- first trip to 100th+ -- we are out and about. On foot, using trams or the monorail when it helps. If someone really thinks Mandalay Bay is the bomb, then he/she should not compromise on the "compromised" location, because the Strip really ain't that big, being comfortable in your accomms and surroundings is very important, and he/she will be out and about a LOT.

15. golfer1903

golfer1903 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vote for vdara. I'm there same days for the same reason. Love it there close enough to it all and quite enough to relax. Don't use pool but I see a lot of people don't care for it so if that's a factor then maybe not.
    Same the money to do other things while there

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

16. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a bit confused as to the "free room" offer in your post.

Sounds like MO is a bit higher scale, but just a regular room. You can get a suite at Vdara if that is more valuable. We always like suite as one of us often gets up earlier than the other and can hang in the living room.

Vdara and MO are both close to Aria.

We totally hate rooms that have had smoking in them, but the better hotels on the strip do a good job of keeping the non smoking rooms clean. Not sure how big that issue is.

MO has not connections to any gambling/point programs. Vdara will recognize your play at Aria.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.