1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

SWA and B gates and no TSA pre

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Joe, Mar 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Normally, we leave Vegas via the C gates on SWA. This last trip our flight was scheduled out of B gates. We arrive at the gate and there is no TSA precheck. Well crap. We have pre on our tickets and I don't want to deal with all the shoes off, belt off, etc BS.

I was skeptical, but the gate person told us we could turn around, take a long walk and end up getting to B, via C TSA checkpoint. It worked and we beat my brother, who had to do the normal TSA by about 2 minutes.

A quote from the movie "The Quiet Man" it was a good stretch of the legs.:thumbsup:

Next time we'll know to just continue to the C gates for pre-check.

2. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been my experience that if for any reason the TSA Pre-Check line is closed and you have to go through the regular line that once you are through it show them your ticket is TSA pre-check and they won't make you remove your shoes, coat or a laptop if you have one out of your carryon. They also let me go through the old x-ray machines instead of the new ones. It's possible that it might vary per airport but that's been my experience with McCarran.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It wasn't that the TSA Pre was closed, they don't have one at the B Gates. TSA person said it is SWA fault. I don't understand how this works because TSA is TSA, what the heck does the airline have to do with not having a TSA Pre-Check at the B gates?

4. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you talking about Pre-check you pay for or pre-check you randomly got when you checked in? (I know it is one line) I can understand being upset if you paid for this service, and it wasn't available. As it is, too many people are getting this without even having pre-check on their ticket, let alone the random ones.

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, we both bought the 5 year TSA pre-check. Background check, fingerprints etc.

6. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah if you paid for it and it wasn't available that sucks. I believe they are doing away with the random TSA Pre's. I've gotten those often for some reason but I read they won't be doing those anymore.

7. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We got Global Entry a few years ago and we were told we aren't always guaranteed pre-check. (Can skip customs and immigration coming back to the US but possibly not get pre-check) I would be irritated if I were you!

8. Jerry Snuggit

Jerry Snuggit Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Global Entry members aren't guaranteed TSA PRE but on major airlines from major cities it is highly likely. However certain airlines aren't part of the program at all, like Spirit and Allegiant, so you definitely will NOT get TSA PRE when flying these. Whoops! Allegiant joined as of December 2015. Good news!

9. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Found this out by mistake a couple of years ago. We always fly in and out of the "C" gates and for some reason I turned right after going through security. We ended at the "B" gates and had to hustle all the way back to the "C" gates. The wife was not impressed and I won't be making that mistake again.

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.