1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Picture This.....

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by TAS17, Mar 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TAS17

TAS17 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Curious.....has anyone ever browsed thru Vegas pictures/video's posted on various Vegas sites and happen to see yourself in the photo/video?

It occured to me while I was viewing a Youtube video that "wow....same time I happen to be there", which go me thinking about this. Although I have not seen myself in any postings or really paid any attention for that matter but, wondered if anyone has ever seen themself in random photo?.

2. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny timing for this thread, I found myself scanning the background of a Youtube video today for the same reason!

I can recall someone on here posting Halloween pictures from Fremont Street once and another member chimed in that they'd been caught in action.

3. Tony Y

Tony Y Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tas. Yes this has happened to me but not in vegas. While browsing you tube i stumbled on a concert i went to In 79 when i was 21 years old went with an old GF to see Stephen Stills and the California Blues Band at the Capitol theatre Passiac New Jersey I had seats 1&2 in the 16 th row left of stage when Stephen jumps off the stage runs up the aisle while playing his guitar. Stopped right in front of me to bend a string and there i am in the video I was pretty easy to spot since I am 6'6" and at the time had a long bushy head of hair . Guess that was my nano second of fame. Girlfriend long gine but Still have the still photos of this show

4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not yet. The pictures I know I'm going to be in are usually bad enough. ;)

5. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Twice. A few years back some friends and I ended up on one of those sites with pics from Vegas clubs (we were at Hyde). Had some explaining to do when one of my clients saw it and called me about it, lol. Only other time was on here, actually. At the 2015 Aria SB party, another member was taking pics for his TR and my gf and I are right in the middle of one of the pics sitting on a couch

Loooong layover on our way to Lake Tahoe
  6. TAS17

TAS17 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right??? Just funny when you think about it! We could all be famous and not know it!! LOL!

7. TAS17

TAS17 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL! I doubt that!!!!

8. TAS17

TAS17 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And "famous" even when we don't want to be!!! LOL!

9. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you got that right....back in the day before the internet, smart phones, selfies and all that crap....there were times you didn't want
    to be part of someones media.....
    if you saw someone you knew you almost always did not acknowledge them, let again take a photo.....
    for all you know they may have told people they were going to timbuktu and not vegas :)
    you kept your eyes focused and were like sargeant shultz.... i see nuthing

10. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to share this picture then. When I was on Fremont Street taking a pic of some performer, this guy jumped in front of my camera and killed my shot. He was friendly enough though and said "Take MY picture! I'm from Wisconsin!" So I did.

V (103).jpg

It was fun for a laugh. Who knows, maybe he's a member here.

11. marcianofan

marcianofan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My daughter and I were stuck at a red light ( can't remember where ) and the google street view car went by, that's as close as I can tell from being pictured in Vegas. This post got me thinking tho, I was walking my dog a few weeks ago by my house and again the Google street view car went by, but the view is not posted yet, it's still an old view from I'm guessing 4-5 years ago???

12. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :
    Hey Tony Cool story..you just brought me back to many years ago..Been there a few times when that was part of the usual concert venues back in the 70's..Saw Frank Zappa there in 74 or 75 while still in HS...Used to have to take a bus from Newark train station...I even smelled marijuana being smoked there :wink2: sorry for getting off-topic to the OP.

13. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've gone so much it would be awesome to see a photobomb of me plastered

14. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not Vegas, but my brother found a postcard of sunset on Presque Isle bay in Erie Pa. With my wife and I, and another couple on our boat. I have it some where but the boats gone.

15. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not me, but I've had two people say they saw themself or a relative in the photos I posted in the blog on the Frontier closing evening.

16. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I was younger, I lived in fear of this happening :)

Back before digital, I used to wait until people were posed and ready for a photo to be taken (usually in front of the Forum statues) then jump right in the middle, arm over the shoulder of the people posing and photo bomb. Never got a bad reaction and I imagine it was funny when they got their photos developed.

17. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband used to love to photobomb skiing photos. The group gets off the lift and congregate together for a photo. Dan would put on his ski goggles and join the group. He always thought it would be funny when they got the photos back and couldn't figure out who the extra guy was. Yup, and I married him anyway. :wink2:

18. ruralhipster

ruralhipster High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in a photo in one of royal flushers trip reports. Just by random chance it was pointed out to me by another member here although judging by the amount I visit his site I would have found it eventually.

19. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is great!

20. TAS17

TAS17 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Makes you want to REALLY look close at the background in the pictures posted :) I know that going forward..... I will probably take an extra few minutes viewing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.