1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria corner suite upgrade

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by willywilkes, Feb 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

So I've searched and read other posts on this topic, and I know "worth it" is subjective, but still looking for more opinion on how people view the value of an extra $75/night to upgrade from a deluxe room to a corner suite? I checked rates and to book outright it seems it would be an extra $105/night, so it is a discounted offer.

For some context- rooms I've stayed in, in order of which I liked best:
    Delano standard suite (paid $30/night upgrade over deluxe MB room and def worth that)
    Mandalay Bay deluxe room
    MGM Grand King/Mirage deluxe room (these are tied, maybe slight nod to mgm)
    Luxor players deluxe room
    Luxor tower room

Questions:
    I saw mentions that corner suite comes with a fridge? What size? Delano gets a tiny shelf which is better than nothing but....
    Aria website makes it sound like every corner suite reservation allows checkin in tower lounge and access to soda/snacks in tower lounge- this true? The upgrade page says "remember to check in at Aria front desk" so I assume no?
    I watched a video on YouTube that had big windows in bathroom, do all corner suites?
    My understanding is some suites have a big support pole but seems to be mixed info if that is only panoramic or could be regular corner suites- any insight?
    How does standard room compare to standard at MB?
    Arriving the night before and staying downtown so can arrive anytime to check-in, could be there nice and early, think I might be able to offer to pay $50/night at check in instead of doing it in advance? This is for a weds/Thursday night in what appears to be a pretty slow week based on current calendar prices.

Other info:
    30, w/ partner, like to feel like I'm having a luxurious experience (would pick MB or Delano over other rooms I've been in hands down). Don't mind walking so rooms at end of hall not a big deal. First Aria stay in general and it has been on my wish list for a few years. Original booking was bogo nights with a great rate, so the upgrade doubles the price (including resort fee and taxes).

Thanks!

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Corner suites do have a built-in fridge, it is about twice the size of the little cube refrigerators most hotels make available for rent.

The City View and Panoramic Corner Suites get the limo, separate check-in, and lounge access, the mountain side ones don't.

I believe it is correct that the Panoramic rooms are the ones with the support pole and also probably the ones with the most window space in the bathroom. I think there are 3 layouts of Corner Suites, I have stayed in a City View and it had a single window in the bathroom.

I have stayed at Delano (when it was THEhotel) and in a Sky View suite at MB, but never in a regular room. The decor of a regular room at Aria is mostly dark wood.

The Corner Suites are very nice rooms. I'd be borderline whether I'd pay $75 a night for a mountain view one. Arriving on a Weds, I'd be tempted to forego the advance upgrade and try to get a City View for $50/night at check in, even though you'd be giving up the limo and separate check-in experience, you'd still get lounge access and overall, it'd be a bargain for a City View room.

On the other hand, you could lock in the mountain view for $75/night and then see if they'd upgrade you to a City View for free when you arrive.

3. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got the same email at $75 a night. I didn't do it and when we went to check in, they offered the same deal for $50 a night. I took it. We had an empty refrigerator that is next to the mini bar refrigerator. It looks like that is an ice maker in it but we didn't try it so I don't know. Also these rooms have a second bathroom. The heated toilet is in the master bathroom. We were in the regular tower on the 36 floor but could go to the Tower Suite Lounge anytime we wanted. Drinks are there 24 hours a day but snacks cut off at 11 pm. I always stopped by anytime we were out and got us drinks to put in our refrigerator.

Sema Show
  4. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These are from 2 years ago, so things may have changed.

I did an upgrade offer and was told at the front desk, "Your upgrade has been approved." So, theoretically you might end up in the room you originally booked if they don't have a suite. I guess that means you aren't booking into the "Tower Suites" until you actually check in. At the time I booked, there were no "Tower Suites" or lounge. I'm booked in a Corner Suite at the end of next month, and was contacted by a concierge immediately on booking telling me about the lounge and private check in.

It's just an assumption, but you probably will have to check in at the regular desk, but will have access to the lounge for snacks and soft drinks once you do check in.

Had a Panoramic Corner Suite 2 years ago. Those are the ones with the pillar. You give up a little space in the living room with that one, but the living room looks out over the strip and the bedroom looks out over the mountains. The bathroom has 180 degree views. There are full drapes for the bathroom with remote control. It's pretty spectacular.

It had a full wet bar with sink and a dorm size fridge. There was a second fridge for the minibar.

The service was great when I was there, much nicer than a regular Aria room.

5. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will have a different color key card that they check at the door of the Tower Suites Lounge to let you in

Sema Show
  6. Top Dog

Top Dog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can anybody confirm this (I see someone did mention use of the lounge for a regular corner suite)?

I went to the Aria website when I heard about this originally and the Corner Suite page only mentioned the limo as requiring the view. This morning I went back and didn't even see that notation anymore.

I see the booking page also lists these (well, luxury vehicle airport transfer, if that's different).

7. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were in the regular tower, not Tower Suites tower. We had a mountain view. We went to regular check in. They will tell you at check in, the key card they give you gets you in the Tower Suites Lounge. I did notice on our elevator, our card was a different color than everyone else card.

Sema Show
  8. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I just went back and looked again. When you get to a page where you have actually selected dates (or the default dates) and they break out room type, that is the only difference between the description of a (mountain view) Corner Suite and a City or Panoramic View - the mountain view says Luxury vehicle instead of Limo. It does indicate separate check in and lounge access for the mountian view Corner Suite.

Now the question is do you trust it?

9. Top Dog

Top Dog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't be on the board asking questions if I didn't trust the members more than anything that comes directly from Mgm/MLife- which is why I was disappointed to see you had originally posted that. I have a corner suite reserved for next month. I assume I can use the check in and lounge. If they don't contact me about transportation I will email them to check.

10. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Top Dog, I think Chuck just meant do you trust what it says on the website. I think everyone on VMB trusts the members to try and give accurate info

I Need Spa
  11. Top Dog

Top Dog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was trying to say no I don't trust the website so I come here- no slight to the board members at all.

12. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool, now I got it :thumbsup:

I Need Spa
  13. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

Thanks for the feedback folks! Right now I'm leaning towards seeing if I can upgrade at check in but still may change my mind this week. I actually prefer a mountain view, so if it does come with similar benefits as the city view then I'm still pretty tempted to commit now...

14. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a little outside the question, but I was given an offer for a City View Corner Suite. I was offered a comped limo and other offers for the corner suite like any other corner suite.

15. Richardwaz

Richardwaz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So wife and i are going to stay at Aria early May (never stayed there, usually CET properties), would'nt mind upgrading to the corner suite, for the right price,. From others experience will they always offer to upgrade upon check in, assuming the hotel is not full?

16. karlmonday

karlmonday Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please update this thread with your experience, as I am booked for late March and have the same upgrade email offer.

17. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It seems to follow typical capacity control models.
    Been there with friends during the week who got the $50 per night offer.
    Other times people were told no Corner Suites available at all or the upgrade was as much as their original room rate.
    Weekdays would seem to be better odds but they could have a huge meeting there that has 70% of the hotel booked by the convention.
    May want to call ahead and see what it looks like.

18. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

Not sure if you were asking me to update but I'm there the last 2 nights of March so probably can't help you out with how it went for me.

19. Madchef

Madchef Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the regular rooms at Aria are pretty luxurious aside from the bath towels which are poop. The one time I got a corner suite I gave a $20 sandwich and told the lady me and my wife were celebrating our anniversary. We got the free upgrade. The room had a front sitting room, and a wrap around bathroom that overlooked the cosmo pool. The bathroom is great. However, I don't spend that much time in the room so not sure if I would spend much on the upgrade if the sandwich didn't do it.

20. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they don't offer, ask how much it would be. If the number comes in higher than you're willing to pay, ask "Can we do it for $X?"

It's no big deal to do that, I've done it a couple of times. One time they stuck to the original price, and one time they met my price for all nights of my stay except a Friday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.