1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Photos and review of our tour of Wayne Newton's Casa de Shenandoah Estate

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by evoni, Feb 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was really interesting evoni! It's probably not a tour I'd take but I sure enjoyed looking through your report and pictures.

Not everyone can say they've relaxed in Wayne Newton's bathtub! Good for you!

3. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice review. I know some in my group are considering this when we go in June. Although not my cup of tea musically I regret not seeing him perform. He was at the Stardust and the Trop a few times when I was in town but never went.

4. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Question, how many were on your tour? Were there more or less people taking the other tours?

5. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wonderful write-up. And just for the record, I'd have joined you in Wayne's bathtub. :wink2:

6. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey that kind of talk belongs in the After Dark thread :nono::thumbsup:

7. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL! No, I'm only in favor of fully-clothed, PG-13, community bathing. Tell your eyeballs I said "you're welcome". :haha:

8. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loved the write up too! I would totally do a tour like that because it is just so iconic Vegas! Looked like a lot of fun!

9. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think we forgot to mention in the review that after Wayne bought the property they discovered it has 8 artesian wells on it so no water worries for Wayne. Since Wayne lives close by Casa de Shenandoah he visits his Arabians frequently and as our tour ended our guide Steve pointed out that Wayne's car had just arrived though we didn't get to see him.

LOL I agree, I'm glad Gwen had her moment in one of Wayne's bathtubs.

My parents took me to a Wayne Newton show when I was very young, I didn't want to go at the time, but ended up loving his show!

We met up with the other tours when we were in the stands watching the Arabians being trained and their groups I think had about 20 in them. Our all access tour group had 7 total, all locals except for Gwen and me, and one was a little girl about 5 years of age who surprisingly also seem to enjoy the tour.

I'll pass that along to Gwen. ;)

We loved it and I know Gwen already bought tickets again to take her family the end up April and I'll likely take my Mom in mid-April to it as she went to Wayne's show quite a bit in Vegas many years ago. I feel like you would like it too. :)

10. Pea

Pea Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you so much! Very nice write-up and pictures. Glad to hear cab ride was reasonable.

I can lose $95 in very short order gambling, so it would be worth it to me to see this.

11. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Danke shoën, darling, danke schoën

12. roycpa

roycpa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and daughter took the diamond tour (the full 3.5 hour tour) three weeks ago on Saturday at 2 pm. There were quite a few people on the various tours, but only 4 on the diamond tour, so they pretty much had personal attention from the tour guide. I was not interested in attending myself, so I helped watch the grandkids (they live in Henderson). They both loved the tour and thought it was worth every cent.
    They kind of compared it to touring Graceland. If you've been to many of the other Las Vegas sites, I'd recommend it, based on their experience.

13. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very nice report and great picts! We did the same tour on Nov 25th 2015. I posted the Trip Report on Nov 30th.
    Wayne sure didn't throw anything away that's for sure. Nice to see the Christmas decor in your picts. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.