1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bungals steelers game...

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by wanker751, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [emoji15] wow.

If Marvin Lewis is not fired how can any coach ever be fired ever? His team was out of control talking crap all week and it spilled over into the game. Obviously the Dalton injury hurt them this year but wow.

Also if it was a 2 pt spread..way to go vegas. [emoji50]

2. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Bungles are aptly named. They threw that game away by their undisciplined play.

3. phantomfj

phantomfj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What an ugly game..........nasty play on both sides, interceptions and fumbles the last few minutes............horrible penalties taken.........but just like a car accident I had to watch till the end, and I am no fan of either team!............at least the refs handled it pretty well, not like that mess a few weeks ago in New York........

4. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup. Outside of the idiocy at the end...that 4th qtr was one of the best I have seen in a long ass time.

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, McCarron looked well in the 4th; almost as hot as his wife. :evillaugh But I can't think of another time where I rooted for one team to begin with, but by the actions of fans and players switched my loyalty during the game. I've never liked the Steelers. I was a Reds fan during my teens, and thoroughly enjoyed my first ever visit to Cincinnati last year. I am terribly disappointed in the Bengals and their fans.

6. Dutch34

Dutch34 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Huge Steelers fans here....looked like it would be a 'stress free' weekend in Vegas next weekend...but alas, Ben and his big, brass balls comes out and gets us down field (along with Burfict and Pacman) and now we'll be sweating the 1:30 local game on Sunday. Not complaining...we're on to Denver.

7. DougFur

DougFur Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was that youthful rebellion? You live in the heart of Redbird Nation right?

8. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never been a big Roethlisberger fan, because, well...I have a mother and sister!

But when he came out for that last drive, tell me that wasn't a Willis Reed moment for the 21st century! Ugly game, but damn good TV.

And yeah, Lewis has to be fired.

Bungles...:rolleyes2:

9. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorta. I tended to root for underdog/smaller market teams when I was younger. Bartenders at TAG know me by my Quebec Nordiques hat. I did attend Game 1 of the 2011 World Series though thanks to a last minute StubHub drop to face value + 10% fee.

What $200 face WS tickets in STL gets you:
    [​IMG]

Also for some reason I loved WKRP in Cincinnati as a young child. Maybe some odd attraction to Loni Anderson?

One of the highlights of my Cincy trip last year:

[​IMG]

10. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It sure was a cluster.

11. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The things that football players say and do would apall you. Big Ben's case was obviously high profile but the practice squad players and College players routinely do things that would make Ben blush. It's not limited to Nebraska, Florida State etc. There is a culture within that is unfortunately ugly. The warrior mentality that drives elite football players to do inhumane things on the field also carries over to private life. There's no switch.

It's mind boggling that Lewis has lasted this long. He's had the keys to a sportscar for several years now. These aren't the Bengals of old.

Nick:beer:

12. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought the boiling point was when the refs didn't flag the hit on Giovani Bernard. If they flag it there, game stays in control.

13. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Except that hit was legal.

It's football not ballet.

14. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He 100% launched himself, which is illegal...runner or not

The cinci fans were the worst part of the game...booing Ben as he is carted off...booing as the guy lays unconscious after the BS Burfict hit...pretty sad.

If Burfict isnt released after blowing the game for them I will be amazed...he was out of control at ASU, and obviously hasn't learned his lesson

15. NickPapageorgio

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Place more blame on Jeremi Hill. Burfict played an outstanding game and his antics at the end came at a point where the Steeles were in a position to win. Hill put them in that position. A running back fumble in clock kill time is inexcusable on any level.

Prepare yourself to be amazed. The Gio Bernard hit was textbook.

16. Criminole

Criminole Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't wait to watch game on dvr today! Was at poker fundraiser and trying to follow without sound but at least three of us were Steelers fans. Bad beat to get knocked out JJ vs J small card vs 46 (winner) and Green's td to put Cincy ahead happened within about 30 seconds of each other. Want to hear what all was being said live.

Much needed Vacay
    Part 2
  17. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Before you all fire Coach Lewis, consider a few things.
    1) His team had the best W-L record in the AFC this year, tying the Pats and Broncos at 12-4. That is no accident, no lucky streak, no matter how you cut it. It is HARD to win in the NFL. And his team plays in a Division that has produced 3 Super Bowl champs in the past 10 years, so it is especially tough. How many perennial losing teams would kill to win 12 regular season games?
    2) The Bengals were playing without the best QB in the AFC (look it up, Andy Dalton was a legitimate front runner for MVP). Thus, Cincinnati had no real chance to win that game from the outset. Look what happened to the Cowboys without Romo.
    3) The Bengals fumble at the end of the game was not Lewis's fault. It was a great coaching call to run the ball, not pass. So he did his job there. But fate intervened.
    4) They haven't won in the playoffs, but they have been getting there, and this is arguably the best team Cincinnati has had in that stretch, so there is improvement.

So take a deep breath and tell me who else would you want instead of Lewis and what he has already accomplished, and would you really want to disrupt this upward trend?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  18. NickPapageorgio

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All valid points. I would just say that the NFL window is exceptionally small, normally lasting only a few years. With the talent on that roster, they could now be considered as underperforming. They have drafted well and signed top tier FA's. Lewis hasn't exactly built a winner out of scraps, rather he's enjoyed riding in the Cadillac. (Granted, during his first few seasons they had holes, but now have one if the most complete rosters in the league)

Who would I want? Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden, Andy Reid, John Harbaugh. Seriously though, Matt Patricia would be an amazing fit and upgrade for the Bengals HC position.

19. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be honest Nick: Belichick should be at the top of that list if you are going to include HC on other teams.

20. NickPapageorgio

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This hurts. Yes, he's probably at the top. What he's done in New England with the injuries and player departures they've had is simply amazing. Love him or hate him, he's a wizard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.