1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Grand - Grand King vs. Executive King Suite

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by oddjob, Dec 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oddjob

oddjob Tourist

Hello all. First time poster, but long time lurker here.

My husband and I currently have a reservation for 4 nights in a Grand King at the MGM to celebrate V-Day and our first date anniversary in mid-Feb. (It's our 3rd trip together so we're not new to the city, just the MGM.) I received an upgrade offer today for $29 per night to an Executive King Suite, and I'm looking for some opinions on whether it's worth it.

Things that might be important to the decision are differences in the bathrooms, views, and things of that nature. The extra room isn't really all that important to us.

Thank you for any and all advice and opinions on this subject.

2. bedaniels

bedaniels High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed in both types of rooms and usually meet old college buddies out in Vegas. The executive King is bigger, with large wrap around couch seating and has more closet space. The executive King was nice when meeting my friends as we could hang around the living space, chill out, and have a couple drinks before heading out for the night. I would say if you are going to be having other people in your room the extra space is a good option, if not then it's not worth the extra cost. I don't recall a difference in the bathrooms but my room was on the 4th floor so the view was nothing special.

3. br549

br549 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both room types are on all the floors. View will be the same depending on which way ur window is facing. Executive King Suites have double sinks and a walk in shower and separate tub, while Grand King has a single sink and shower/tub combination.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  4. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed in both. I prefer the Executive Suite but it really is not a suite. I payed extra for it the first time. Now I get offers to upgrade. We are going in January and I received the upgrade offer again. I think it was for $30 a night then you have to add on taxes. I decided to let it go and stick with the Grand King. It totally meets our needs and I would rather use that 5 night cost of $150 to do other things. I would probably take it if it was $15 a night. You can try asking at check in if there are any upgrades available. From what I understand it is difficult to upgraded at MGM. For the Executive Suite as mentioned bathroom is bigger - two sinks, separate bath tub and shower. The bath tub is a regular tub and not a deep soaking tub.

5. oddjob

oddjob Tourist

Thanks for the replies everyone. You guys confirmed my original thoughts. I think we'll skip the offer this time, which was what we were leaning toward pre-posting.

6. RedBeard

RedBeard Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was going to reply, but I see others stated what I was going to post.

MGM is a nice property. I don't think the pool complex will be open in February, but if you get a chance to return during pool weather, they have a GREAT Lazy River.

Have a great trip!

Lazy River Daze
  7. Knucklehead69

Knucklehead69 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a good deal to me... If bathroom is important to you it is much bigger with great lighting. Sofa area is nice also and lots more windows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.