1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Oct 29th-nov 2nd halloween trip

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by BearcatBJ, Oct 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BearcatBJ

BearcatBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I wasn't planning on doing a trip report for this trip but as I sit here in the airport after three beers and two delays I think this could get pretty humorous so why not. [​IMG] Yep that's a bird that just clipped my ear so yea this is going to happen. Come along for the ride.

2. BearcatBJ

BearcatBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So some background, 2nd Vegas trip this year after a nice loser for MMILV. ThIs trip is to celebrate my father's 60th birthday along with several of his friends and their sons. Flying allegiant for the first time and got a text at 1 that my 530 flight was already delayed till 630... Awesome first loss of the trip haven't even printed the boarding passes!

3. BearcatBJ

BearcatBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So we decided to stop on the way to the gate for a nice sandwich and a couple beers (goose island IPA, pretty nice, not like a traditional ipa, sort of a cross between ipa and fat tire) all is good until we pull to the gate. Another delay, the plane has a broken windshield. Being cheap ass airline inc, I'm sure there's no hope of them having a spare so here I sit in the airport with my new pet bird, let's call him lucky...

4. BearcatBJ

BearcatBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. BearcatBJ

BearcatBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

Not sure if you can see but here is the broken windshield, fml

6. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey I flew on a plane one time that had duct tape on the wing. Win Big when you get there.

Sema Show
  7. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ugh, hope your luck gets better in Vegas!

Holy Hotel! These new ones. Plus ParkMGM before, MGM/Cosmo after!
    Won a Package in the PENN Play Millionaire Social Drawing!
  8. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lucky is a more reliable flight than Allegiant but no luggage hold. I'm looking forward to your updates!

9. whitefox

whitefox Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like you're draining the bad luck early -- go get 'em when you get there!

10. BearcatBJ

BearcatBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Based on the time of this update you may think it's just a late arrival in Vegas... Nope flight was cancelled and rescheduled for 1pm tomorrow (today)! So the mad scramble was on, everyone was on the phone trying to find a way to get to Vegas. Best I could find was a 6 am flight out of Indy (2hrs away). We took the luggage, gave allegiant the finger and headed west. We got in about 11 and it is now 4 am leaving the hotel to catch the flight. So far 14 hours and counting trying to make it to Mecca. Should arrive by 10 local and ready to start the day drinking on the strip by lunch. Stand by.[​IMG]

11. BearcatBJ

BearcatBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's what we keep saying, I did manage to get a bet down through one of the few to get in yesterday. Tom Brady kept the bad luck coming. Oh well coming in with a good attitude and a chip on my shoulder. Watch out!

12. BearcatBJ

BearcatBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First and only flight on allegiant, they are new to our market and undercut felt by 300 a seat but I guess I see why, they don't actually fly you anywhere! Thanks

13. BearcatBJ

BearcatBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks me too!

14. BearcatBJ

BearcatBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

First win of the trip!

15. BearcatBJ

BearcatBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

Plane check... Windshield check... Boarding

16. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ugh, but considering the circumstances, can't say I'm shocked. Allegiant doesn't have any backup planes.

Holy Hotel! These new ones. Plus ParkMGM before, MGM/Cosmo after!
    Won a Package in the PENN Play Millionaire Social Drawing!
  17. Imperial_Palace_King

Imperial_Palace_King High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sucks about your flight! Hope you win big!

18. BearcatBJ

BearcatBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

And it continues... this is where my next plane is supposed to be... Someone is doing their best to keep me from Vegas. Oh well time for a drink in Phoenix.

19. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate flying Allegiant so much but stupidly continue to and out of the 10 return flights with them this year, I think only 2 actually took off on time and with no delays to fix things on the tarmac or replace planes, or return to the gate cause the ENGINE LITE IS ON, or...I had cancelled a trip couple weeks back to Vegas, took Westjet instead, but still got the texts from Allegiant, 4 hour delay on way down, 1.5 hour delay on way back. Uggh I'm flying them on the 12th cause I'm using up some banked fare, but vowing to pay the extra and leave out of YVR after this. It's hard tho when BLI to LAS is $150-$300, but YVR (Vancouver) to LAS can be easy $700 to $1200. Good luck on the floor!

20. MidnightBJ

MidnightBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Man, I haven't heard anything good about allegiant. In some markets, though, they are the only non-stop flight available. I almost tried them a couple of times, but feared a cancelled flight, which really messes travel plans up. Obviously, you are experiencing that. Hope all goes better. My trip started great with a lot of "lucky" moments. That was until I arrived in Vegas. So maybe your initial bad luck will create the opposite in Vegas.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.