1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sam's Town, Fremont/Cali, , Gold Coast/Orleans, and Harrah's shuttle.

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by waverunner, Oct 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If i catch the Sam's Town shuttle bus from Harrah's, does it go Downtown then to Sam's Town? Can i get the ST bus at Harrah's and get off at Fremont/Cali? I was thinking of going Downtown one day, then to Sam's Town another day. In fact, since i have a "B" card (hotel guests get first priority then "B" card holders), i was thinking of taking a few afternoons at the "B" loop (Orleans, GC, Downtown, Sam's Town, and my beginning/end at Harrah's).
    Has anyone does this. The Sam's Town bus schedule shows just Downtown/Sam's Town. The GC/Orleans shuttle shows both those hotels (i know that the GC shuttle is the same location as Rio shuttle).
    I'm basically taking the shuttle/bus to eat, but while i'm there will spend a few hours taking pics etc., then returning to Harrah's.

2. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Sam's Town runs two completely separate buses. One bus goes from Harrah's to Sam's Town and the other bus goes from Downtown to Sam's Town. You can take the shuttle from Harrah's to Sam's Town and then hop the other bus to go Downtown.

First Birthday Trip
    First Birthday Trip
  3. chadt100

chadt100 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are correct smerrian. 2 seperate busses but you can still go Harrahs to Sams Town to Fremont/California. Just be prepared to spend around an hour at Sams Town before the next bus arrives to take you back to the strip or downtown.

4. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you. As long as i can go to Sam's directly from Harrah's and then directly from Harrah's to Fremont on another day that's fine.
    Then another day to take the Gold Coast shuttle from Bally's to GC and Orleans.

i just saw your post. Yes, i plan on spending a few hours at Sam's. I'll probably gamble a little as well at Sam's as well as Orleans, GC, and Fremont. It's a morning/afternoon jaunt, then be back to the Strip for more serous gambling...LOL.
    Thanks.

The funny thing is i should know this, my Lux Bus drops me off at Harrah's Bus Depot (from LA) and i see those shuttles all the time and i wondered why some people were not let on. It's because there are 2 separate buses, one going Downtown and the other going to Sam's.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  5. chadt100

chadt100 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want to take the shuttle from Harrahs to Fremont you still have to go to Sams Town.

6. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gold Coast/Orleans shuttle doesn't pick up at Bally's anymore. It picks up outside of Forum Shops at Caesars near the Planet Hollywood sign. There is no shuttle from Harrah's to Downtown either.

7. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep. There is NO shuttle from Harrahs to downtown. From Harrahs the deuce. Can jump off the deuce by Fashion show mall or Strat and get on SDX at that point.

8. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys. I'm trying to avoid the city buses as they are probably too crowded (i have a balance problem, that's why i can't drive), but on the shuttles you have to sit down, which is safer for me in a moving vehicle. I'll try the Gold Coast shuttle at Caesars when i go to Orleans. I'll take the Sam's bus from Harrah's to Sam's Town and then decide on Downtown.
    Thanks for the heads up on the GC shuttle no longer at Bally's. Also, i will have the option like i did before using the Rio shuttle from Harrah's/Bally's and then walking across to Gold Coast.
    The B Connected website says if you have a card, you have second priority on using the shuttle. Hopefully they still honor that.

9. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Waverunner, you shouldn't have a problem with seating on the shuttle from Sam's to downtown or back. I've taken it numerous times and have never seen more than seven people on it, usually 3-4 people. I've also never been asked to show my card. Hopefully the other routes turn out to be the same.

Have fun. It sounds like a great plan and it's nice to see something new and get the better odds off the strip. I've done downtown to Sam's but still hope to do the Rio run one day.

10. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks man. I plan on making a buffet hop with some side bets. I have driven to Vegas for 30 years but the last couple have been tough as i don't like to depend on other people's schedules. But i'll be there for 7 days 6 nights and i get bored hanging around the Strip during the day, so i thought breaking it up with Orleans (which i used to watch boxing matches at the Arena), out to Sam's Town, then hitting Downtown, would be a welcome break. Then in the evening i will spend the rest of my time on the Strip.
    I will use my B card in Fremont and Sam's Town for food and some slots.

11. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No need to show your card on Gold Coast Orleans shuttle. It is hardly ever full during the day and even when it is they don't ask for it.

12. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done this several times when moving from either gold coast or Orleans to MSS or Cal. I put the schedule from the Sam's Town website on my phone so I can refer to it as to time's leaving Harrah's (hey, I also photo my room number when checking in) and generally can time the shuttle and walk to the rear of Harrah's to minimize the wait. The best part of your trip is you arrive at Sam's Town and the shuttle going to your destination (either way) is about 10 minutes after your arrival. Driver's are very courteous and will assist you in connecting or other needs.

When arriving downtown the driver sits at Fremont side entrance for about 8-10 minutes. You can be at the Cal or MSS well before the bus leaves via a leisurely walk behind Binion's. And obviously they accept luggage under the bus in transit.

Never had a problem with taking luggage on the Orleans/GC shuttle either but usually the pieces will fit in my lap and / or at my feet. Good luck!!

13. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @ npom @ bubbakitty

Thank you. I put the Sam's Town schedule on my phone, and i will have my "B" card ready just in case. And i'm looking forward to going Downtown, it's been years since i have been Downtown and it will be the first time at Sam's even though i go to Vegas about 3 times a year since about forever.

14. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    actually the shuttle can get filled some times in the evenings, esp when there is something going on at the Orleans (or GC). I wanted to go to the Orleans from GC once but there was a concert at the Orleans so there were a lot of people waiting for the shuttle. They then asked for hotel guests (GC and Orleans) first before loading the rest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.