1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

George Strait to Headline the new Las Vegas Arena

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by seneca7, Sep 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seneca7

seneca7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    April 22 & 23 2016
    Sept 9 & 10 2016

Looks like the King of Country will open the new 19,000 seat Las Vegas Arena #StraitToVegas

Tickets on sale 10/2/2015.

http://www.straittovegas.com/

Kacey Musgraves is joining George on these dates.

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thats ambtoius , hopefuly its during country week or something like that keney chesney and rascal flats has a problenm at the joint during there resendecy and thats only 4000 people

my guess its scaled to 14,000 a nite they dont sell it as a 360 show

3. olsonnet

olsonnet Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder what this means for the ACM Awards which they were hoping to be the first event. They already have the 3-day outdoor even scheduled for April 1-3.

Either they have the awards at the old MGM arena for one last time on the 3rd, have the awards later on and split up the events into 2 weekends (which would really hurt attendance) or reschedule the outdoor festival to whenever they are able to get the new arena for the awards.

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just becuase they announced him doesnt mean hes the oppener unless it say hes the grand oppening nite.and i think they would do it much bigger than this.

5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Geroge is bigger than Rascal Flats by a mile. Tickets to his last tour were an incredibly hot ticket. I could see a summer show being added if they sell well.

6. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i know who he is worked indirectly with him for a few years , but this is still vegas and unless theres a country theme attatched like the rodeo or nascar thats alot of tickets to sell,

maddona coudnt do it, the stones coudnt do it, its vegas is a bad market for concerts.

neil diamond didnt come close to selling 12k at mb they gave out free tickets to locals to fill the place up.

7. seneca7

seneca7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, looking at the calendar, he's probably not the opener. Maybe the second or third. Wonder who else they are considering? By the way, tickets are topping out at $200.

8. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    way to much money for him in vegas no clue , the rumor has been mayweather 50th fight.

if there smart they would get led zeppelin , pink floyd , something so big thats what they need, but my guess they will offer the stones a shit load off money to play.it has to be one of the biggest acts in the world with universal appeal

nothing really sells in vegas

the one band that could sell the venue out for multiple nites is phish.

jimmy buffet is an mgm act so theres a possibilty

9. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jimmy Buffett already has his MGM October dates booked & sold out (I think/assume). Garth Brooks did well in Vegas (smaller venue, yes, but a longer tenure and quite expensive)

10. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i know , im just answer who they could posibly get to open, and as buffet is an mgm act and attracts people from all over they can build a big oppening around him thats all.

garth only did 1000 seaters in vegas, yes hes an areana act , not sure who owns his tour live nation or aeg right now so could be a problem

11. ihatesnow

ihatesnow Tourist

I'm not a country fan, but Strait has broader cross-generational appeal than Phish and his fans know he's quit touring. He'll do very well if not sell out. Zeppelin and/or Floyd, at least under those names, would take more money to book than the Stones - either would be a PR bonanza but I don't see it happening.

12. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    its not about money, its about oppenning an areana and making it a big celebration thats what they need to do , get a big pr blitz around the world and goerge strait wound do that,

13. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bon Jovi!

I'd show up for that, lol.

14. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    George Strait has played for around 100,000 in Dallas and 80,000 in Houston in addition to many sizable crowds less than that (think 60,000 or more). He has sold out arena tours around the country and has stopped touring. His fans love him and I don't think he'll have any problem drawing people to Vegas to see him. We've been there three times on Super Bowl weekends and the main reason was to see him, not to watch the Super Bowl. I flew people in from three locations for the last one.

If he was still touring regularly, four dates would be a tough sell. Not touring, people will come to where they can see him. Shows on nights close together also draw people that will go to both shows.

15. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Double post...

16. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

17. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah I know.

:thumbsdown:

18. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Haha...I remember Bon Jovi came to my high school once...I don't even remember the occasion. Everyone was herded into our Gym and they had a stage set up and all the girls were screaming. This was in North Carolina too...lol.

19. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sorry just living on a prayer

20. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I will come to Vegas just to see George. For his last concert run we drove 7 hours to catch a show after we had just seen one that was closer a few weeks earlier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.