1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Time Flies When You're Having Fun!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by thecarve, Aug 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, this morning I got a PM from our fearless leader, Sonya, informing me that my email on file was no good. (Sorry...completely forgot to update it when I cancelled that account.) This got me to look at my profile and I noticed that Monday marked the six year anniversary of my joining this great community.

In those six years, I've taken 26 trips to Vegas, changed my player's club allegiance several times, stayed at over a dozen different resorts, seen a few shows, lost more money than I care to contemplate, drank my way through countless bottles of bourbon, gin, vodka, and all manner of beer and wine, learned new games, grown bored of others and consumed who knows how many millions of delicious, mostly unhealthy - and usually overpriced - calories.

But some things haven't changed. I'm still the same dyed-in-the-wool Vegas degenerate I was six years ago - hell, I'm currently planning my third Vegas trip since becoming unemployed several months ago :eek:(I'm doing a "Summer of George" thing for any Seinfeld fans). And this board has remained a wonderful group of fun, friendly, knowledgable and helpful folks...in addition to being the single best resource for Sin City info on the interwebs - by an incredibly wide margin!

I don't really have much of a point other than wanting to send out a huge Thank You!:nworthy: to Sonya and the rest of the gang who keep this site running smoothly and give us all a place to share our degeneracy. And to raise my glass :cheers:to the rest of the posters here who have informed, entertained and even infuriated me over the last six years (hopefully I've managed to do the same for a few of you).

You guys are okay regardless of what anyone says about you!

2. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Happy anniversary thecarve! :banana::banana: Calls for a celebration with another trip to Vegas?

3. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations on 6 years. I wonder what my anniversary is.

Wow! Almost 11 years for me.

4. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, time does fly. My join date is 07-27-2009. And I have enjoyed every bit of it!

I ended up here from a morph of other boards, some I cant remember the name of that date back to the 90's.

But I do remember some of the names of members like (wait, I'm going to date myself here): gene (he was a board owner), tolovana, sivled, Norm, cheese-something - he was the gym teacher with the father named Diamond Jim, JackinColumbus, Cheri in OK, etc.

Thank you, Sonya, for a wonderfully-run board. I am on this thing all. day. long. LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Happy anniversary to you. I just took a look at my profile - looks like I joined in Oct 2004. Wow.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.