1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Caesars/Harrahs doling out free play again?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Dms79, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dms79

Dms79 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Long story short, I racked up about 400,000 points towards the end of 2013 at a video poker play that no longer exists. My ADT was through the roof and I was getting weekly or bi-monthly $300-1500 free play offers.

I kept playing fairly high ADT video poker, but my offers kinda dried up and I haven't had the time to go to Tahoe/Vegas and get them going again.

All of a sudden, I'm getting decent ($150-500 free play offers) from Tahoe, Vegas, and New Orleans, and some weird/shitty $5-50 ones from Reno and Baltimore (a city and state to which I've never been).

Anyone else noticing their CET offers are picking back up?

2. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just the opposite for me. My ADT is the same over the past year, but zero freeplay after August.

3. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've gone from several hundred to $25!

4. HelloStranger

HelloStranger Tourist

Lower here also - What was $800-900 last year is $200-350 now.

5. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    last year I i made 7star in less than 2 months, just playing on thursday-friday and saturdays...most I ever recieved from new orleans was 1 $200 table play, 1 $175 TP and a bunch of $150 that when I slowed my play has decreased now to just $30...harrahs gulf coast offered me 1 $400 TP and now they send a bunch of $85 ones

everything has decreased for me, one of the reasons i rather not play for 7star until it picks back up....80k and ill stop

6. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly this for me, too.

7. Dms79

Dms79 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is really weird then. Haven't play since mid-last year, am still Diamond only thanks to carry-forward (2015 tier score is zero, 2014 was about 125k with 9 15k trips or so), and after 6 months of NOTHING (maybe a room in Tahoe or $15 FP in Reno), I'm getting reasonably good offers while everyone else is shafted.

I'll NEVER get the CET algorithms.

8. Grid

Grid Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm still getting the shaft as well. Since they slashed my Free Play in half back in January I havent been back and nothing has gone up in my account. Still getting dicked. BUT I walked through Ballys last Saturday and the place was packed with gamblers. So they still have plenty of fish on the line.

9. DJ Ran

DJ Ran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They slashed my FP from $450 to $225 back in January as well. I have been getting monthly offers with $225 since then. A Few weeks ago I got my September & October offers which were back up to $450. Who knows where they go from here.

10. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We raped the shit out of CET...so I'm not holding my breath and doubt I'll do another D-I-A-D session...it's been a fun ride, but I know it wouldn't/won't last.

11. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went from $0 to $5 freeplay at Harrah's New Orleans! haha

12. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was in the $75 to $100 FP/gift card category (low Diamond). I dropped to $30/$35 offers. The highest FP offer I have seen is $40. The best overall offer (other than some show tickets I had no interest in) is the $50 Amazon Gift Card with opportunity to get a Kindle Fire with 1500 points thru in 2.5 days.

13. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I finally had a corporate offer (the ones that come in the Total Rewards magazine) show up in my account. Vegas is $400 free play and $100 dining. But, I still have no regular monthly free play offers like I used to get all the time (despite plenty of other people getting their regular Booster offers).

I'm feeling like it's too little, too late. It seems to me that CET likes to play too many games and I'm just tired of it. I still have nothing beyond the August Vegas 7 Stars Signature Event weekend booked with CET, but I do have Green Valley Ranch booked for the end of August and then Cosmo booked for Sept 12 - 14. I'm sure I'm not the only 7 Star player CET has alienated. I doubt they're going to learn their lesson in time to turn things around.

14. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My front end freeplay offers for Vegas have bumped up for second half of year with my Freeplay taking a jump. Then again my ADT this year is up as well. Local properties are still sucking (under comp'd in my opinion) but they have less competition. With airfare cheap
    and out of market comps better then my locals, I will probably be shifting all my play Fall and Winter play to Vegas. The front end comp value beats the roundtrip airfare that is trending under $200 RT.

15. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was getting $5 weekly at the local CET places but that dried up this month.

Still getting a modest amount from Ameristar, but I don't expect that to last that long either now that CET has cut back.

16. LOCALGAMBLER77

LOCALGAMBLER77 Local Las Vegan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went from 800 in freeplay twice per month to 300 freeplay once per month. Not good.

17. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i got 10$ a week and 10 in free food for the month. im going to celebrate maybe i can trade them down for a brintney spears ticket

18. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Woah ,easy there fella....

Just saw Britney last weekend and it was awesome....Very entertained, drank lots of beer and had a great time! As long as you know it's a props/dance show and not a singing show and you like hot chicks in short dresses everywhere it's an awesome time!!

19. lithium78

lithium78 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got a host at Caesars Palace, but my Vegas deals haven't really started coming in yet. Right now, I'm getting corporate offers of $30 free play and three nights mid-week. I know something better has to be on the way. Do hosts contact you with offers or how does that work?

20. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

take away the beer and get rid of the hot chicks in the audience that dont want you.lol , time much better spent seeing a chimp but think how much you saved by not gambling so thats a plus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.