1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hot damn ... Bandon tee times set!! Others to follow

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Aug 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Day 1 -- Arrive, Bandon Dunes
    Day 2 -- Pacific Dunes and Bandon Trails
    Day 3 -- Old Macdonald (and maybe Sheep Ranch?)
    Day 4 -- Bandon Preserve, departure

From there it's northeastward to Wine Valley, Gamble Sands, Palouse Ridge and Circling Raven. Maybe hit Bend for Crosswater and Pronghorn on the way home.

Fall is shaping up nicely.

2. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice! Hope the weather stays good as well during your visits

3. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now that's a golf trip!!! You think one links style is fine, then, BAM, let's hit them all! Then a superb finish up closer to my neck of the woods. Curious to find out how all the Bandon courses are comparable after golfing them back-to-back. I think it gives a much better perspective (kinda like test driving cars all in one day - gives you a better idea of how they compare with handling, ride, etc.).

Make sure to give us a heads up before hitting Oregon so I can be on full 'jealousy-mode'!!

4. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very nice! Have fun!

5. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The big boy walking 36 is gonna be fun. Wonder if Joe will let me change shoes between rounds. :poke:

That will be a long time on the road, but, yep, who would even try to complain? And Terri's gonna fly in to Spokane and meet for a bit in the middle. Thankfully.

6. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm jealous. Well, except for all that boring golf stuff. :wink2: I've been sort of sorry that mom & dad are no longer in your neighborhood. It was such a nice excuse to drive the coast route home. I may need to find a reason to come home from Vegas that way.

Bend's been hot. Bring your sunscreen!

7. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's one hell of a lineup you have there Ken! I can't wait to hear how this trip goes and hopefully I can get in on one of those rounds if it works out.

8. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love the "Thankfully" part! Slap on a Fitbit for the walking portion; you'll be surprised what you walk! I played an executive course last week with a bag-boy and was very surprised on how much I added to my doggy walking, lol. Enjoy friend! Great trip ahead.

9. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :)

Golf walked is golf improved. OK, I don't think I'd want to walk, say, Pa'a Ko Ridge. Or Plantation.

10. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're going in September no?
    Most dependable weather of the year at Bandon. Low wind makes for great scoring opportunities.
    On your arrival day, if it's afternoon, you can play a few holes at "Shorty's" (we call it Wee Dunes) which are 9 very real 3 pars with very flexible tee boxes, next to the massive putting and driving range.
    Depends on when your Dunes tee time is.
    It acclimates one well for the turf and green conditions to come.
    We always start (and end) with a round at Pacific. Good call. Also in the more windy afternoon, Trails is best. Good call there too.
    Sheep Ranch may not be available yet. Maybe.
    Love Palouse and Raven. Can't wait for your Gamble take.
    My son has corresponded with Matt Ginella a bunch and we were on the same flight last month. He does know Bandon. I'm sure you've read his takes but here are his tips again:
    http://www.golfadvisor.com/articles/bandon-dunes-golf-10-things-to-know-14632.htm
    We'll have to get together soon as I want lots of personal opinion on the trip. Say hi to Alex in the Bunker Bar.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.