1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

WSOP coverage on ESPN

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by Kolmeseiska, Jul 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I forgot to check the dates before the Main Event got underway. Basically I'm trying my best not to see any of the final 9's names, more fun to watch the episodes and root for certain players. I know it's going to be extremely difficult, especially since I'm going to Vegas next month, but I'll try anyway. So could someone please post which events they air, if it has already begun and when the ME starts etc, I'm too scared to google it.

Thanks!

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This was all I could find on it:

The live ESPN broadcast of the November Nine expands from two days to three for the first time in 2015, with coverage starting on Sunday, November 8 at 8:30 pm ET on ESPN. Action switches over to ESPN2 at 11 pm ET and continues until four players remain; the second day of coverage, also on ESPN2, starts at 8 pm ET on November 9 and will go until they reach heads-up play. The heads-up battle for the bracelet airs live Tuesday night starting at 9 pm ET on ESPN.

Nine total weeks of WSOP Main Event coverage will air on ESPN, with the first three weeks airing in two hour blocks on Mondays starting September 14 before shifting to Sundays starting October 4. The five weeks of Main Event broadcasts leading up to the live final table will expand to 2.5 hours of coverage a week. ESPN2 will also air the WSOP National Championship final table in a two hour broadcast on August 18.

So it sounds like August 18th is when it will start.

As far as Las Vegas goes: I have been there a few times while the WSOP was on its November 9 break and while none of those times I ever went to The Rio as far as the rest of Las Vegas goes there was nothing anywhere about the November 9, neither who were the November 9 or when it was or anything like that.

3. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks a lot for the info. I've been there in August 2013 and 2014, I haven't gone to Rio either and didn't hear that many spoilers. But seeing as that I like to play a few poker tourneys on my trips, I did sadly hear Newhouse making the final table back-to-back last year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.