1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Florida rentals

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by redzone, Jul 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redzone

redzone Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    By chance do any of you good folks know of a two week rental in Florida over the Christmas holidays? We prefer the Clearwater area but would look elsewhere if need be. We stayed there last year for a week at the Clarion Inn but this year we would like a trailer or condo rental if possible. Maybe someone knows of a chat room similar to VMB where people post available accommodations. We are both over 60 and would like Dec 20th - Jan 1st or 2nd.

Thanks for any help with this.

2. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    vrbo.com

3. redzone

redzone Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Ken. Appreciate the response.
    This is what I was looking for.

4. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're welcome. We've rented all over through vrbo.com (and overseas with a similar there-domestic service).

5. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Make sure to check homeaway.com as well. Even though it's the same company (at least it was last time I shopped there) as VRBO, they don't list all the same properties.

In high rental areas (like the NC beaches or VA mountains, both places we've rented for groups in the past couple years) I also look at local rental property manager websites (either found through friends or just googling).

6. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think -- think, so that could be wrong -- that homeaway products come up at the end of vrbo searches. I think.

Rental agencies are another option. It's just finding the good ones that can be tricky. We now use one for Kauai as it has a great portfolio of homes and condos, though we found 'em initially from vrbo.

7. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been over a year since I searched on vrbo so it's entirely possible things have changed since then - but I definitely recall some properties that were unique to each site.

8. redzone

redzone Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good suggestions Ken and Hoya. Thanks again

We would prefer to spend a couple of winter months in Arizona or Nevada but the drive is just a bit much in case we have to get back quickly.

9. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True but VRBO can be a crap shoot as well. I love to rent apartments during travel but I always have a backup plan just in case.....(and by that I mean the name & address of a hotel nearby that might have rooms ;-) When we rented in Paris a couple years ago, I went with a company based in the US (with on-site help in Paris) for a couple of reasons - I could pay by credit card (always better for recourse than cash) and they mailed me the key ahead of time so I didn't have to worry about arriving from a redeye flight and waiting for someone to show up, not being able to access the property until a certain time, etc.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.