1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tell me about the DT Grand pool

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by reedy, Jun 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reedy

reedy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all,

Im going to be staying at the Golden Gate on a comp for 4 nights in Aug. Will be solo. Just looking to relax in the morning for a few hours, grab a few drinks and maybe float around for a bit at the Grand before i start gambling.

Is there a place for me to store my wallet and room key safely? Can i grab a lounger or do i need to pay for one in advance? How is the eye candy here?

I will be there on a Mon/Tue.

Thanks

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here are some pictures of the pool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. reedy

reedy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats for posting those Joe.

I checked out a few pics online also at Tripadvisor. It seems like its a decent size.

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The pool area is really nice and there is a bar there, but my wife used it in May, when the temps were in the low 100s and she thought it was freezing cold. Of course air temp versus water temp and 80+ degrees might feel very cold. YMMV.

5. zing

zing Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It seems like the nicest pool downtown right alongside Golden Nugget. Golden Nugget always seems very crowded though, so Downtown Grand might have an edge. I've also heard that cabanas are reasonably priced at Downtown Grand.

6. reedy

reedy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ya, gonna be solo so probably just a daybed. I'm thinking my old beat up copy of fear and loathing + some ice cold cocktails + some boobs for a few hours = good pre gambling mojo for the evening.

7. northerngirl

northerngirl High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe.....thanks so much for the great pictures of the pool. I am able to take advantage of an offer from the Grand in August for two nights and then over to the CAL for seven nights. Slight difference between the two pools.

8. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mon/Tue @ DTG in August - don't get hopes up for many pairs of boobs. I've been to the pool a few times (2 or 3) and it's pretty slow. I don't mind that, but just letting you know. It won't be "hopping" unless they've come up w/ a good marketing campaign to attract folks. Still a great place to relax, no doubt about it.

9. mkcoroner

mkcoroner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ...a few DTG Picnic/Pool Deck observations...bring flip-flops/sandals...the fake grass and concrete get very hot. The pool is (very) cool/cold, but soooo worth it when it's 100+. The security at the entrance was very hardline, we had to slam our coffees that we just bought before they would let us in. Bar has a decent selection of drinks and food can be ordered too. A nice place to relax, take a nap and recharge. MK

10. LinLV

LinLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The DG website states: "Admission is free for all hotel guests, downtown residents and employees, and just $5.00 for locals (including a free drink)."
    I'm not a local... staying at El Cortez. I read everywhere that you can use the pool for a $5 admission as a tourist, but the website states 'locals'.

Has anyone visited the pool while not staying at the hotel and not being a local?

11. reedy

reedy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I called them. Lady just told me to bring my room key and i would be good to go.

12. LinLV

LinLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to know, thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.