1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

any experience with mandalay bay cabanas?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by VegasDave, May 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was looking to rent a cabana on a sunday for 4 people and wanted to stay at Mandalay Bay but they are saying they charge upfront and it is not a minimum spend. Anyone have experience going there the day of and talking then down to a minimum spend instead of an extra chare just to have a spot to sit? I called and tried to negotiate first but got standard, this is how we do it response.

My other option is Monte Carlo which is a minimum spend of 250 to 400. I would stay and whichever hotel i planned on doing a cabana at.

2. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No chance to negotiate a minimum spend. They may negotiate on the actual price if it's slow, but no chance on changing their cabana charging methodology.

MGM charges as a minimum spend. It was $800 this past Friday and $1,000 on Saturday. I don't know what Sunday prices were.

3. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks JD for the info. MGM was 500, but I don't like their hotel so much. Any recommendations on any pools with minimum spends?

4. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MGM & Monte Carlo are the only ones I know of off hand.

5. Iceicecool

Iceicecool Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Palms was a minimum spend when I went there last year.

6. simundo26

simundo26 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    cosmo is min spend

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just had a cabana at MB. Reserved through host at $500 for the day. No spend that I was aware of. Host comped off charge. We did buy lots of food and drinks. Two things. Food items ran higher than the snack bar 200 ft away. Automatic 20% added as well.

8. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nostresshere - thanks for the info. We are considering a cabana while there for a "guys trip" over Labor Day weekend. This information helps.

9. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have always enjoyed MB's cabanas. As JD said, they will drop the price if you ask on a slow day, but I can't imagine changing how they do it.

No matter what, the cabana charges can be put on the room comped off.

Pro tip- Get the fruit juice sampler and then ask the hostess to bring you goose vodka in a plastic cup. Both times I've done that I've received a glass full of vodka to add to the juice shots. You get 9 premium juice cocktails for the charge of 2 drinks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.