1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Free Shuttle changes

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by 75VWnut, Mar 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 75VWnut

75VWnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For a lot of years, it seemed that every time I visited LV I would use the shuttle that ran from Bally's (and before that, the Barbary Coast/Bill's) to the Gold Coast then the Orleans and back to my starting point.

Now I saw on the Orleans web site, their shuttle runs from the hotel to the Forum Shops.

Where do they pick up passengers at the Forum Shops?:confused2::confused2::confused2:

2. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From this post in January, it seems that the shuttle no longer serves Bally's. However, walking over to the Rio should get us there by shuttle from the Gold Coast or the 202 bus from almost in front of the Palms would get us to the strip at Flamingo for just $2 each way.
    https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?115767-Bally-s-Questions/page3

There is still a ride from the Orleans to the Gold Coast by shuttle.

Here is a post confirming the Rio to Bally's run

https://totalrewards.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/131/~/rio-las-vegas---shuttle-to-the-strip

3. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the heads-up. We've often used the shuttle between the Orleans and Gold Coast to Bally's (and Bill's and BC before that). Bummer, especially when going to Ellis Island, but the Forum shops aren't that much a hike and might burn off a few extra calories. And the 202 stops even closer to E.I. than the walk from Bally's. We always tip the shuttle driver anyway, so the bus costs (with old fart card) is nearly a wash. I expect that not having to cross LV Blvd might even shorten the wait between shuttles.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  4. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, I am an idiot. I was thinking it was the Fashion Show Mall, not the Forum Shops right at Caesar's and That I'd need the Rio shuttle to get to that area of the strip. My wife who knows nothing about Vegas, but knows I'm an idiot just corrected me.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2015
  5. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dewey: Don't feel bad; I thought exactly the same thing the first time I read your post! I envisioned doing a lot of extra walking from the Mall or using the 202 a lot more. Interesting how we both concluded the wrong thing from the right information. DUH!

6. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was counting on the GC shuttle to get to the strip. Haven't stepped foot in Caesars in years because I can't find my way out. Not happy about this change.

7. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They went to the Tropicana years ago for a bit (possibly due to construction / de-construction on the strip) but it didn't last long so we will see. Also it depends on WHERE the drop off is as the forum shops are quite broad in property space. It will be closer to the Linq and mid-stip but as others have said not so much to Ellis or Paris.

8. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately I expected this years ago. The GC/Orleans shuttle went to the Barbary Coast because BC was part of the same group that owns GC and the Orleans. (Coast properties? but now boyd). Now that the BC is gone and Bally's is part of another group I didn't think they would allow the coast shuttle to drop off passengers there.

I wonder if Boyd is paying the Fashion show mall to drop off passengers there.

On the other side, there is a Boyd shuttle that goes between downtown and Sam's town and Harrahs. I wonder if the Harrah's leg is going to also be dropped in the future since Harrahs and Boyd are competitors. Not sure how that (downtown/sam's town/Harrahs) leg ever started up because they were always competitors.

9. vegasfan

vegasfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am guessing the changes are more from the Boyd end to serve their customers better and less because Ballys stopped it. Back in January, the shuttle driver told me they were changing the route to the forum shops because the passengers (Boyd customers) complained about the distance the Ballys drop off was from the strip. He told me the change was going to be made in days...but it must have taken some time to finalize the other arrangements because it has actually been a couple months.

The forum shops and Ballys are both CET so they probably have the same arrangement, probably similar to their deal with Harrahs/Boyd (Samstown) shuttle.

10. massiets

massiets Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there March 6-8 and stayed at The Orleans. I took the shuttle from the Orleans to Ballys (down by the food court dropoff), played a little bit at Ballys and then hopped the shuttle back to The Orleans via a stop at the Gold Coast. So it was running the same as usual a couple of weeks ago.

11. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is weird. I called them and asked and they said it stopped at the Forum shops. Called two days ago.

12. massiets

massiets Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know what to say as I rode it to Ballys on the 7th, then hopped on it on the 8th and rode it to Ballys, then got off at the Gold Coast. Unless they have changed in the last 2 weeks? It was Nascar and WAC tournament weekend if that makes any difference????

13. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, thanks Massiets. I am sure others will check it out and report, so we'll know. Perhaps they did not change in January but just talked about it, and now have finally changed.

14. ref59405

ref59405 The world champion of getting 3 and a kicker.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I were in Vegas from March 16-20th. We took the shuttle from the Gold Coast to an entrance of Caesar's that said Forum Shoppes. I am not familiar enough with Caesar's to know if this is the standard taxi/limo drop off location, but it felt like it was an underground drop off location. We walked across a lot of cars and people waiting outside. When we got inside we rode an elevator up to get into Caesar's and off to the right was the entrance to the Forum Shoppes.
    Maybe it was only because I had never gone this way before and am not familiar with Caesar's, but I liked it much better when the drop off spot was at Bill's and then at Bally's. This way isn't as convenient, at least for us, and I would be surprised if we visited the Gold Coast or the Orleans on their shuttle the next time we are in Vegas.

Boys trip
    Annual birthday trip
  15. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for that detailed report. Sorry it doesn't work for you. I'm sure I'll get lost too, but my next trip my son is having a birthday and staying at Caesar's while we save money at the Gold Coast. This works great for us.
    Also, keep the 202 city bus in mind for the Gold Coast. Seniors can ride for a dollar each way with a photo ID from the BTC (60 or older) or with a Medicare card. Younger folks must pay $2 each way or $5 for 24 hours. It picks up right there across the street from the Gold Coast and delivers all along Flamingo, including right nest to Bally's and near the strip. The stops near Ellis Island and the stop near Tuscany are very convenient, but you can go all the way to Eastside Cannery at the end of the line. This is nothing like the sardine experience on a Deuce bus. It would be rare not to find a seat.
    Then too across the street at the Rio you can catch a free shuttle to Bally's that is closer to the strip than where the Gold Coast dropped.
    Generally, the Gold Coast comes in a better value even if we cab back late at night.
    However, if we lose their inexpensive buffet (as is rumored) and the room for midday dancing (also rumored) then it may lose enough of its value for us.

16. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't want highjack the thread, but a friend who was at Gold Coast two weeks ago mentioned the buffet was going to turn into a 24-hour coffee shop like the Orleans and that they were also doing away with their "fine dining" Cortez Room.

I don't keep score, but it's my feeling that the vast majority of Vegas "rumors" turn out to be true. Anyone know any more about these changes?

17. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope the Gold Coast still has the buffet when we're there in four weeks. It's a very inexpensive breakfast.

18. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm hoping it will still be there in September. I'm miss it when it is gone. I can't imagine why they would want another café. TGIF is there if folks want to pay extra for coffee. Oh, well. The 202 goes up to Ellis Island for a great breakfast or to Silver Sevens for a cheap buffet. I'll survive. But I'd like to use my ACG coupon for the free buffet before they close.

19. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do most places make you show the card to use the ACG coupon?

20. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Different people report different experiences, but at the Gold Coast you have to go to the Player's Club with 200 points and will need to show the coupon, the card, your card. Also, only one a year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.