1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Normal to Receive Pre-Arrival Call/Email From Flamingo Hotel Manager?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by bigchris1313, Mar 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigchris1313

bigchris1313 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey, guys--recent lurker, first-time poster. Thanks for all the great information that I've found thus far--as someone who rarely goes to Las Vegas, it's been really helpful.

Onto my question:

I have never stayed or played at a CET property before. In January, I booked a suite at the Flamingo for this coming weekend (3/20). Later that month, I signed up for Total Rewards. Then in February, I booked an additional room (through my TR account) at the Flamingo for the same weekend (3/20). I then linked the first reservation to my TR account. My TR page shows both reservations, and all appears normal.

On Friday morning (3/13), I received a missed call from a Las Vegas area code. I then received an email from an individual ([email protected]) whose authentic-looking signature block identified him/her as the Flamingo "Hotel Manager." According to the email, the Hotel Manager would like to speak to me to "confirm the details of [my] arrival." I've probably booked three different hotel rooms in Las Vegas over the last 5 years--from a basic Harrah's room to an Encore Salon suite--and this is the first time that I recall receiving any pre-arrival communication.

Is this normal? And if so, what should I expect on the call?

I would appreciate any guidance that you can offer. Thank you.

2. phade

phade Keeping tabs on LV while not there...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It could be the frequency of events; they may want to make sure you are actually planning on staying and they may believe you could be a valuable customer to them.

At the same point and time, I remember reading about a scam that had some earmarks of this, and that people thought it came from the "inside." I would probably call Total Rewards and have them link you to that employee rather than call back the direct number, just to ensure it really does go to a CET employee.

3. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never heard of this before either. I don't think I would be concerned unless he tried to get more information like credit card or other financial information from you. Since he already has email and phone it seems to be from inside and legit to me.

TomTWI

4. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had someone call me the week before but thought it was a Diamond thing. It's only ever happened to me once and they didn't ask for any money etc. They were just looking to confirm my room preferences (non smoking, king, strip view) and said if I needed any restaurants or shows booked to let them know.

5. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I've received e-mails just prior to trips to various CET properties.

6. Jaci2014

Jaci2014 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have received emails from The Cromwell a week or so before arrival, but not from any other CET properties.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.