1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

OK, trip strategy . . . suggestions welcome

Discussion in 'Comps' started by DaiLun, Mar 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, I know, I know. You're not supposed to be playing for comp levels, but I'm fished in on this CET bonus and have a 3 night trip in April to Caesars.

So, I'm going down next Thursday for a Silver Strike function. That's all that's planned, but I will be in town for 16 hours, spanning 2 CET "days".

After I come home Friday, I'm driving up to Reno for the weekend.

The reason for the "press" this weekend is my trip is before the bonus points are awarded in April and it would be nice to have Diamond level before that trip.

Lots of possibilities here. So, I will be in LV/Reno for 4 CET days. There is 1000/1000 and 2500/5000 TC to be had (win/loss pending). I currently have just over 5,000 TC, if I do 2,500/5,000 and 1000/1000 in the 4 CET days I will make diamond without the April bonus

My original thought was:

Play for the 1000TC and see where my win/loss is, and then make a decision whether to go for 2500 or not.

I'm still up $7,000 from the last trip to Reno, so I have "room" to play, however, remembering that the strategy is to win $$$, and comp levels are an afterthought. . . . I was just wondering . . . $1,000 is allocated to Silver Strikes.

Any thoughts on an alternate strategy?

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, you only need to reach 10,000 by the end of March to make Diamond.

But my impression is that you go often enough that you will make Diamond by the end of the year anyway.

Are you Diamond already from 2014 play? If so, then you already get any Diamond perks all this year.

So it seems like the only advantage you'd get from re-making Diamond (if that's the situation) early is that you can collect your $100 dinner voucher earlier (and if you make it, I'd try to collect it early; I'm half expecting them to cut it because a lot more people will make Diamond this year with the bonus).

So if you don't care about making Diamond early, and you don't think you'll reach the 2nd Diamond level, then just play normally.

If you want to secure Diamond in the 4 upcoming days, you can do it with 1,000/1,000 on each of 3 days. That's 2,000 a day, gives you 6,000 on top of the 5,000 you have, and gets you to 11,000. Just make sure the last day you earn isn't the 31st because the daily bonus doesn't post until the following day and you don't want to get get screwed because of that.

Of course, you can get it over with in one day if you do 2,500/5,000; that will put you at 12,500.

Ah shit, I re-read and it sounds like your April trip is before the promo bonus kicks in. In that case, it depends on whether you're already Diamond from last year. If so, then seems like not much benefit to re-gain Diamond early. If not, and you're at 5,000, then yeah a 2,500/5,000, a 1,000/1,000 and a 500/125 will get you to 15,125. If you're currently actually at 5,500 or thereabouts, then you don;t need the 500/125 day, you can just pad the larger days if you're a little under.

3. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know but they don't pay the bonus until 4/15/2015 and I have a trip on 4/5/15. I just wanted to pick up Diamond for the 4/5 trip.

I haven't played much at CET before this year. I am Platinum mLife and Grazie Gold and got "fished in" to the CET.

Yeah, the 1000 day will need to be a little over if I go the 2500/5000 route. There's still a few days left before 4/5/2015, and Reno's only a 4 hour (one way) drive.

Thanks for your suggestions.

4. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't play for Diamond status...
    Play for ADT..it makes the most difference.

5. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Understood, but what I am playing for is Diamond Lounge access. My needs are a little "different".

6. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    and shows and other things, I would imagine.
    Take that $7000 you won and play to 5000TC in a day...bam, High ADT and instant Diamond.
    Do it at either Lake Tahoe or San Diego, and you'll get some great offers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.