1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Group Dining options for 18 people...suggestions?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by PokerFaceNJ, Feb 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PokerFaceNJ

PokerFaceNJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I, along with family and friends (18 total), will be celebrating our wedding vow renewal and anniversary early in April of this year. This is a casual event and we are not looking to spend a ton of money on dinner so a two/three star kind of place will suit us just fine. I would also prefer not to have a place shove some tables together in the middle of the restaurant...was hoping for a private room, but just not sure if it is possible. Already have emails out to such places as Buddy V's, the Yardhouse and Maggianos.

I would prefer to stay on strip since I do not want to put people out by forcing them to cab to see us. We are all staying mid strip (Linq and Harrahs) so hopeful to have something in walking distance.

Any suggestions??

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maggianos was the first place that came to mind (I think there is still one at Fashion Show). Inexpensive, but also has private dining to accommodate more than a dozen? I think that may be hard to find. If its not too expensive, maybe try the Palm at the forum shops. Although I haven't tried it in vegas, the other Palms I have been to all had larger private rooms

I Need Spa
  3. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carmines at Caesar's Forum shops would be perfect. They can handle a group like that with no problems and it's family style eating so everyone can get a taste of alot of different dishes. Not to mention the food is delicious. Ask for Frankie as your server.

4. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also consider dVino at Monte Carlo. Very good food, way better than Maggianos, and quieter. It will be pricier but only if you buy the wine. They can easily set up for a group that large.

5. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would highly suggest a GOOD Buffet. It's much simpler and much cheaper then trying to put together a party of 18 and then expect everyone to like their food choices at Restaurant X, get good service and expect to be served all at the same time with hot food.

There are several really GOOD Buffets in the area you are staying. Go online to the hotel that host them and do the math of what it would cost you to pick up the entire tab.

6. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought about that too, but which buffet is going to have the seating requirements the OP indicated (not putting tables together)?

I Need Spa
  7. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some do have private rooms. I am fairly certain Paris does as a starter.

8. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool, good to know! :thumbsup:

I Need Spa
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.