1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET Platinum lines?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Blackjackdan, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackjackdan

Blackjackdan MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I haven't been to vegas since last spring and most restaurants/buffets and the like at CET properties still had seperate platinum lines and perks at the time. I'll be going back early next month and I've seen that CET has really cut back lately. I was just wondering if anyone that has been there recently has seen any platinum lines at any of the restaurants/buffets still? Specifically in and around PH and The Paris? Does Planet Hollywood still have platinum check in?

Also I recall the starbucks inside Planet Hollywood let you skip the line and grab like a free treat or whatever by the register, is that gone as well?

Any help would be greatly apreciated!:beer:

2. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes they have platinum lines everywhere. The Paris buffet has the Platinum and Diamond together
    Check in at Ballys has a Platinum line. Flamingo you can go into the Diamond check-in lounge

3. DReynolds86

DReynolds86 Let's Go Pens!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What about Harrah's?

4. eltgabs

eltgabs Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm Platinum and I was able to check in at the Diamond Registration room at Harrah's earlier this month for Super Bowl weekend.

5. Blackjackdan

Blackjackdan MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh good I was afraid they had gotten rid of all of them. Its really the only perk left seeing as how I have to pay resort fees now. They can have the resort fees as long as I can make it all back and then some at the tables!

6. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Planet Hollywood has a separate Platinum check-in line at the far right of the counter. You will get the next available clerk from that line. You also share the same Diamond/Platinum line at the buffet at the bottom of the escalator to the left.

Mark

7. Blackjackdan

Blackjackdan MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok perfect thats how it was last year. I just keep hearing that they're going to do away with all the platinum lines but then again I feel like I've been hearing that for a couple years now.

8. DReynolds86

DReynolds86 Let's Go Pens!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder how many "fake Platinums" they do have now thanks to the credit card.

9. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tons.

That's why the "real" platinum folks (the people who earned it gambling) are paying the resort fee.

They really diluted it when the CC folks got it for nothing.

10. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that being said, if you gamble enough to make platinum, you probably are spending enough for a host to comp your resort fees on the back end

11. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In December we Plats could use the hoity-toity buffet line at the Rio. They did take out the fancy rear entrance and now Diamond/Platinum have a line beside the Great Unwashed Masses.

12. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I disagree. If you make platinum on a weekend trip to Vegas or Atlantic City.....yes. If you are a frequency player at your local CET property and made platinum over a year of low play days (nothing wrong with that.......just some perspective), then maybe not.

13. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife got her platinum via the credit card and I earned mine.
    It would have been better to get the credit card in my name and we would probably be Diamond by now.
    Always wanted to check-in via the special Diamond lounge. :thumbsup:

14. fmtater

fmtater Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any idea if Ceasars itself still has a platinum check in line - or "special lines" at restaurants and such?

15. Krh2o

Krh2o MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there in late Dec/early Jan and was able to use a Platinum Line at Bacchanal Buffet. I also used it at Harrah's and Planet Hollywood buffet as well as Ramsay Burgr. Now with this VIP line they are hyping on the TR Credit card I am not sure if they are changing line privileges.

16. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm curious if anyone can point to somewhere that these rumors started? I seem to hear them often and every year I go back and all platinum lines still remain. The only exception I've ever seen was at Flamingo where the platinum line turned into a Total Rewards line. I simply went into the lounge and asked if I could checkin there with Platinum since there wasn't a line for it outside.

I know other CET properties around the country rarely have platinum lines. Seems everywhere I go in Vegas these exist. I also don't see how going bankrupt would affect this either. They want their loyal customers. Removing the lines saves them no money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.