1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Well Hell... broke my own rule... Reno Trip Report!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Trip Reports' started by TIMSPEED2, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

WELLLL...I know I said I wasn't going to gamble until October...BUUT, you know how it goes with a degenerate, hahaha.
    So, we were just sitting at home last night, and Kris asked me what I wanted for Valentine's Day (What she wanted was to have her car ENTIRELY detailed; so I did it)
    DUHH! OF COURSE I want to gamble! So, she said I could have $400 for a quick few hour turn-around in Reno...DONE!
    Now, mind you it's 7pm, and we had a 3 hour drive ahead of us, lol.
    I scrambled to see if ANYTHING could be done to just get a last minute room to crash in for a few hours (We wanted to come home to watch SuperBowl)
    NOTHING! Haha, I even tried "Priceline" for a $30 Name-Your-Price...no go...
    SO, away we went...
    We pulled into Eldorado around 10pm...crap tables were PACKED AND $10 minimum (except ONE, which immediately went up to $10 when I got there, haha)
    So I gave Kris $100 and she jumped on UTH and I took $100 and jumped onto that ONE $5 crap table (which I got grandfathered into when it went to $10)
    The two tables are within 5' of each other, so I could see how much Kris had and she could see how much I had (So, one could cover the other, in a sense)
    Now, on that table I was playing...there was a dude playing $7000 No-10 (Or No-4, depending on how he felt). That's CRAZY action for Reno!! (and the dealer said he would play BIGGER, but table max was a $3500 payout) He was treating those bananas like they were red's!!
    It was a pretty choppy table..I was only playing $5 + 2x odds...I'd say my $100 lasted about an hour; in the meantime, Kris had WON $100 playing UTH (when she hit $200 she came over and got me; which at that point I was on my last bet at the crap table)
    So, EVEN, we decided to try video poker...
    We split $100 and started playing 25c ACE$ Bonus Poker (Well, she did, I was playing DDB)...HELLFIRE if like the 3rd or 4th hand wasn't a ROYAL FLUSH for Kris!
    So now, being UP $1000, we (read: SHE) pocketed the $1000 (Which was a hand-pay for some odd reason?) and decided to just play the original $400.
    I hit a couple quads on DDB (9's and 10's) and Kris hit quad 2's on BP, but ultimately we cashed out with the original $100 we put in (Still EVEN, PLUS $1000!)
    It was now about 12:30am, and from there, we went back to the UTH table, which had TWO open seats (amazingly)
    I happened to run into a friend of mine, and he said he had an extra suite at Grand Sierra Resort, if I wanted it (because I was telling him how we were just up for a few hours and going to drive home), so that worked out perfectly well, because I WAS kinda tired and I wanted to drink some booze.
    We split the $400 and began playing (we just play $5 ante; no trips), well damn if that table didn't light on FIRE! I went on an AMAZING run! I FLOPPED quads TWICE! Unfortunately, the first time I didn't have a trips bet, so that was only a $50 bonus payout, but after that I started betting $5 trips every hand...and BOY did it work! I literally went TEN hands in a ROW where I had a 4x-raise hand and WON every one!
    I knew, at 2am, I wanted to go over to Cal-Neva and shoot dice with a couple of old friend crap dealers there; so it came to 2:30am, and from our $400, we had doubled it to $800!
    Decided to cash out and go over to Cal-Neva...we shot dice over there for 2 hours (I bought in $200, Kris bought in for $100)
    So at 4:30am, we drove over to Grand Sierra (Kris; because she hadn't been drinking), and crashed out for a few hours.
    Got up at 10am, and had a free breakfast buffet (I had a $20 dining credit), and hit the road for home, $1100 richer (well, $1000, because the $100 went for Gas and stuff)

Crazy stuff...because in like literally 100 hands, Kris has hit TWO 25c Royals (the one in Tunica, and now in Reno)
    Will she hit #3 at Harrahs on Valentine's day, on the freeplay suckout? (Which would be NICE! because it'll be on dollars) We'll see!

Attached Files:

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You couldn't get a room at Harrah's?

3. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, lol, CET hates us right now..
    MOST places were SOLD OUT, places that weren't wanted $150+...and just to sleep for 4-5 hours..fuck that.

4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She's on a roll! Two royals in 100 hands is about 1 in 324k. Wish I was that lucky. And I think my g/f has played 100 hands since she hit hers...lol

I also figured there was no way you were going to make it until October.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  5. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, then not THAT lucky, as I've hit two DEALT Royals...and I'm glad I didn't wait! That extra $1000 was nice!

6. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When in doubt, always go with your gambling instinct!

So do you always play trips on UTH usually or no? I am undecided if I should play it all the time or not when I play. When I had my decent win on it in Vegas I started to bet it, but to me it screams of a sucker bet!

For example I never play Pair Plus in three card or never play the Pai Gow side bets, but I will often play the $1 Caribbean stud when the game was around and the Horseshoe by me has a progressive on UTH (obviously I am a sucker for progressives) I suppose losing out on 2k would make me feel sad missing out on 65k would make me wanna puke!

Also congrats to your special lady friend on the two royals! Awesome, get the third on dollars!

7. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually DONT play it, because it's a 4% edge bet.. BUT I was on a ROLL, so I said WTF...
    And lol at "special lady friend", haha, Kris is my wife.

8. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha... Big lebowski reference... thanks. It did not get yelled at as much for not playing trips as I do for not playing pair plus... that is one reason why I stopped playing 3 card.

9. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3 card is boring as hell without pair plus. RIP the days when 1-4-6-30-40 ruled the land. UTH, 8-7-4 isn't nearly horrendous as 1-3-6 at 3 card. Also, UTH gives you enough variance in the main game, who really needs the bonus bet?

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  10. VPDana

VPDana High-Roller

I live in the Midwest, St. Louis, MO to be exact.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now that's a fun way to spend your Saturday night!

11. GVR

GVR Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad to see you had a good trip, TIMSPEED.

How was the guy betting the 7k no 10 doing? That could get pretty ugly with a hot shooter.

12. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad to see the north treated you and Mrs. well Tim!!!

13. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, OK...since it'd basically SLOW the table to a crawl each time it hit...as they had to count it out, pay it, then he'd him and haw, and finally put it back up...I only saw him lose twice, and won four times...so he broke even minus the vig...

14. shellieshoe

shellieshoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good trip report! Glad to see you came home and that Kris got another royal!!! So in Lake Tahoe- are you going to be playing the dollar VP machines in the high limit area?

My DH (from videopoker forum) has been chatting with you on that forum and I think he told you that we will be getting in on Saturday around 2pm. We will be looking for you there and maybe meet in the Diamond Lounge for a drink. We are actually staying at Harvey's celebrating our 27th anniversary.

Get those machines warmed up for us!!

15. Aaron5

Aaron5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So your saying...

you lost at CRAPS.:poke:

16. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Were staying at Harvey's too...actually, we'll be gone fishing most of Saturday, so we'll meet up after the concert, probably in the HL room at Harrahs...

17. shellieshoe

shellieshoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds good!!! BTW - we were there the middle of January and I have NEVER seen the lake level that low. Let us know about the fishing. We are planning a large (25 plus) birthday bash for a friend in June and several of the guys love to fish so we need to plan an event for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.